Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
FYI: Tuesday Morning >

FYI: Tuesday Morning

FYI: Tuesday Morning

Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 AM

I have to say I was in Hobby Lobby once and was not at all impressed by their fabric department. It was messy and the fabrics were humdrum and not at all anything I would purchase.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 AM

Sewingsuz - which fabric store in Phx sells cotton for 3.99 a yard? I didn't know one existed but would love to check it out. Thank you, Marcia
Old 04-05-2014, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
Sewingsuz - which fabric store in Phx sells cotton for 3.99 a yard? I didn't know one existed but would love to check it out. Thank you, Marcia
Me too! That sounds great!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:19 AM

Reporting back from my trek to TM. The advertised FQs at $5.99 were quite nice, and I got two of them. Better yet, they had in the same shipment, packs of 7 Mary Engelbreit FQs for $3.99! I got 4 of them, because several weeks ago I'd gotten 2 yards of her "Motto" fabric. The FQ packs had one "Motto", 1 small cherry print, 1 yellow Scottie dog print, a white-on-white tonal, a black-on-black tonal, a black/white polka dot, and a black/white check. I just compared it to my 2 yards and it seems the same quality to me. I did notice that the black on the Scotties was a bit lighter than the black on the yardage, but that's the only difference I saw. These were a steal -- and I wouldn't have been aware of the TM ad if you hadn't posted, so thank you so much!

Hope others have as much luck as I did!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the information. I will have to check out my local TM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:53 AM

I just came back from TM...arrived 10min before the store opened with coffee in hand. There was already 7 people ahead if me waiting for the store to open. As I waited for the doors to open, I looked in the store windows scoping out my strategy as I spied the FQs over to the right. I felt like a vulture circling . Ended up getting a package in each primary color then went to Joanne's for Kona white. Plan to make french braid stair blocks. Get wait but have to finish quilting a quilt for my best friend first.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

Going back today.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:42 AM

Went to TM this morning at opening! They didn't have the chevron FQs- only the polka dot ones. And unfortunately, they didn't have any others that just wanted to go home with me. But I did find FiestaWare kitchen towels that match the quilted placemats I made. The TM employee and I were talking about the towels and I mentioned I quilted. An elderly lady standing nearby pushed her cart over and she said she was a quilter who had come in to get some of those FQs. She had lost her DH not long ago and five minutes later our "quilt" talk ended. Her DIL came back in the store (allegedly to return a cart) and thanked me for lifting her MIL's spirits and encouraging her in her relocation to the area. Isn't that what quilters do?
Old 04-06-2014, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I don't have a Tuesday Morning and my Walmart only carries a few precuts. As for your LQS fabric, my last visit to Fabricland (kind of like Joanne's but in Canada) the quilting fabric was $22.00 a meter. Needless to say I searched for some off the sale table.
Tartan,
I don't know what part of Ontario you're in, but in Simcoe the local quilting shop is much cheaper! Also, do you know about Len's Mill Store? Several locations throughout southwest Ontario - they have pretty good prices too!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 PM

I'm counting on the lottery too! Thanks for the information.