Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gypsy Sensational Sip and Snip

Gypsy Sensational Sip and Snip

Anybody have one of these new gadgets???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uokkCpnCVHw

QIAD has them on-sale today for $15.00
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    I don't bring liquids into my sewing room. It would work for putting a cup in the holder to stick your pens/pencils and gadgets in though.

Looks handy, but I wonder how many threads and dog ears I end up with in my coffee!?

I have one and love it - I usually use it when I go on retreats or somewhere else to quilt. I also have one on a table over at my mom's to use. Have to say I never thought of using it on the ironing board but that sounds good also.

I gave one to my secret pal and she raves about it.
    I love my life!

I have one and love it! My first one had a woven fabric bag, sort of a paper like fabric. It got worn out after about 6 months of use, maybe I stuffed it too full without emptying. So I contacted the company and they sent me a new bag! This one is a nylon and it holding up really well. So, the company has good customer service and stands behind their product! That means a lot to me!

Blog Entries
    Scrapbookers have used these for years. Very handy.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

They used to be made by a scrapbooking company, I don't remember the name. I thought it was the greatest thing, until I bought one to take to a retreat: It didn't fit over the lip under the table, regardless of the adjustable screws. I gave it away.

Now where they show this at the ironing board, holding Best Press (or a spray bottle or other starch) - that I think is brilliant! I often have a little pile of threads that I'm trimming off, especially when I'm getting a top ready for the LA. And my spray bottle is in the way if I need the whole surface of the ironing board.

Blog Entries
    I don't have one like that, but one of our gals in our quilting group made each of us a thread bag a couple of years ago for Christmas. Instead of a rack and clamp to hook on the table, she covered a ceramic tile block, that holds the bag onto the table, then attached a strip of cloth to the bag so it can hang off of the table and she used a stiff cording of some kind that keeps the top of the bag circle open at all times. I really like mine, and use it all the time.

High Shipping Cost

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    Anybody have one of these new gadgets???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uokkCpnCVHw

QIAD has them on-sale today for $15.00
    I was on my way to ordering one when they figured my shipping cost at over $9. Way too high. Had to cancel the order. It does seem like a good idea as my coffee/water/ginger ale is always in the way sitting on the cutting table.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast