Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hancock is having a big sale

Blog Entries
    I haven't had a chance to look but it might be worth it.

Blog Entries
    I am going in a little bit. I need some red cotton to finish a quilt for my SIL. They gave out a flyer earlier in the week for 10% off your final purchase price. Their quilting cotton (can't think of the name) is 50% off and the coupon takes it up to 60%.

Blog Entries
    Thank you :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    My brother bought bamboo batting for his granddaughters super easy jelly roll quilt. It feels so good I am excited about quilting it.

It sorta seems like an extra 10% would make it 60%, but that's not how it works at my Hancocks. Say the regular price is $8.00/yd. and the 50% price is $4.00/yd. An additional 10% is .40 not .80, so it's actually another 5% off, not 10%. They take 10% off the total sale price, not the regular price. I racked my brain over that one day after thinking what a great deal I got, but the numbers in my head weren't workng with the total cost. Then I looked at the receipt and figured it out and said DUHHHHH!

I spend too much time at Hancocks. I try to catch their sales so I don't have to pay full price. Soon I will have a JoAnn Fabrics near me. More competition!

our hancocks has been having a lot of sales , big one also , im just wondering if maybe they are getting ready to go out of business here, that is the rumor