Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Has anyone made these ornaments? >

Has anyone made these ornaments?

Has anyone made these ornaments?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 PM

Terri, what it means is you cannot see one of her ornaments that you really like, copy it with exact fabric, call the ornament after her company name, etc etc. You can certainly make the ornaments in your own creative way, you can make them from the instructions on that other web-site, and there is no problem with that. Oh they look gorgeous dont they?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Susan F
Those have been around for years, I know I have made them before at least 5 to 10 years ago. If you use an egg shaped styrofoam and work fromone end they look like pinecones.
I have made several of those and they are soooo much fun to make!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 PM

I made these ornaments quite a few years back too. They were alot of fun and were very pretty. I think too that we forget how many people can't or don't want to make stuff like we do and are glad to pay for them. I know I've seen things at shows and said to myself...oh I could make that for less than that! lol...but after doing craft shows myself and overhearing those same remarks about my merchandise at times, I decided that the question wasn't that I could make the item....It was WOULD I make the item. LOL...most of the time that answer was no :)
I think that is the same for alot of us lol..good intentions and all that ...you know. But boy...if I ever find the time...heehee...I'm going to make all those things ;0)
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 PM

I just found this thread as I was searching for Christmas ornaments to make. A group of us ladies made these for the church fair about 20 years ago. At that time we sold them for $5.00 with NO PROBLEM! I lost my directions and have been looking everywhere for them. Now I have them. Thanks!!

judyjo
Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Probably just the name THE ORNAMENT GIRL is copyrighted as many of us have the pattern. But I don't think I'd go to that much work for an ornament that might or might not sell. Years ago we made hotpads and they were a lot of work and then the darn thing ws too pretty to use. We made them as prizes for a church carnival and my friend made me one in yellow which is packed away somewhere. If I were going to do all that work I would put it on a purse or jacket back. Somewhere "Showy"
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM

I tried them 'one' time. A friend of mine made me a basket full out of old blue jeans. They are treasured, bc I did not like doing them and very much appreciated her making them.