Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Have coupons changed? >

Have coupons changed?

Have coupons changed?

Old 10-17-2014, 09:08 AM

Fabric depot also had weekly coupons at 40% off, but for a few months now they are 35%. (but this weekend there is 35% of EVERYTHING!)
Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 AM

I don't get too excited when I see a Joans card come in the mail anymore. They say 50% off but only regular priced items..... anything that I want is usually on sale. I think that is a loophole for them. I can get just as good of deals on line and free shipping.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:39 AM

The change that I am not fond of at our Joann's is that they will no longer scan in the address label on the flyer (to keep you on the mailing list). A customer has to use one of the coupons in the flyer that has their name and address on it. I don't always have a need for those coupons for the reason others have mentioned previously.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:45 PM

Sounds like they're streamlining their stores/ procedures......one would think they would be more consumer friendly.....actually they have little competition in some of their crafty supplies......but then what do we know....
Old 10-17-2014, 09:10 PM

I noticed the fliers aren't coming as often. I used to get 2 a month. It's been over a month since I got one. The only cardboard one I got was just yesterday for 15% off total sale including sale items. I don't have a cell phone, so I didn't sign up for or opt for any other type of coupons. I always try to go in once a month with my flier & buy at least 1 item not on sale & use my coupon so I keep getting the fliers.

If memory serves me right, lol, wasn't there a slow down this time last year in the fliers & then they picked back up?
Old 10-17-2014, 11:50 PM

I was just in the states. Use a Michael's coupon for what you need. While I was there, Michael's had a 50% off one. I used them at Joann's several times that week--for some rulers, etc.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:58 AM

Instead of the phone app, try signing up for the text service. They text a coupon or offer it seems weekly and they have been pretty generous....like the 50% off regular price or 20% off total order including sale items. I think they believe the text service is their most cost effective way to drum up repeat business. I do get the post cards too, which I agree are arriving much more regularly that the multi-page flyer that used to be their monthly sale/coupon source.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cactus Stitchin View Post
Not too long ago when I used a coupon the cashier at JoAnn's asked if I wanted to sign up for the "advanced" coupon plan. Evidently JoAnn's found printing and mailing the flyers for such a large number of customers expensive so they started an "advanced" plan to help pare the list and to save costs. At that time I was told the phone app would only contain a 30% coupon in the future and that the larger discount coupons would only be available in the new "advanced" plan. You might want to inquire the next time you are in the store. Since then I have only received the cardboard coupons. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. I will sign up. I wondered why I did not recently receive a flyer.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chasezzz View Post
Instead of the phone app, try signing up for the text service. They text a coupon or offer it seems weekly and they have been pretty generous....like the 50% off regular price or 20% off total order including sale items. I think they believe the text service is their most cost effective way to drum up repeat business. I do get the post cards too, which I agree are arriving much more regularly that the multi-page flyer that used to be their monthly sale/coupon source.
I get the texts also, and have found they are pretty generous. I received two flyers in the mail just yesterday, and also use the flyer from the Sunday paper or online. They still take as many coupons as you have(at my location anyway). I did want to use my 50% coupon on some utility fabric last week, (14.99) but it was $1.00 off a yard. I'll be buying it this week instead!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Swap Hosts

Joann's was purchased by another company a while ago. Some changes I noticed in the three stores nearby included new racks that go up very high and block the light so you can't really see the fabric, higher prices for everything, and fewer high value coupons. I guess, like everyone, they need to increase their bottom line. You can still get 50% off coupons but they are far and few between. The 20% off ones are useful if you manage to combine their timing with 50% off Red Dot fabric -- if you can find anything you actually want in Red Dot these days.