Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Have you rec'd your current Block magazine? >

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

Old 11-04-2014, 03:57 PM

Boo Hoo, I have not gotten mine yet
Old 11-04-2014, 04:19 PM

I enjoyed the book a lot, but I did cancel after the summer one. I really can't sew much anymore and no room to have many books around. The only thing I was unhappy about, there were no template to copy and use when making some of the quilts. Because I don't plan on a lot of sewing, I hate having to buy templates for just one quilt.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:08 PM

I have received mine and per usual I am enjoying it. I don't find it boring at all because even if I don't do any of the patterns I still learn something every time I use it. I do watch the videos once in awhile but having the book available in the sewing room is a lot more convenient. I sure don't plan to cancel my subscription.
'
Old 11-04-2014, 09:47 PM

I received my Book and always love this. Love Jenny and her videos.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:10 PM

I received my Block book and made a cup of tea and had some moments of wonderful down time. It's such a refreshing change to read and dream and be comforted in the moment. Her tempo is softer than most, the wistfulness of yesterday when kids were little, but the knowledge that all is really well today. The love of quilting and all that goes with it is simply stated and very relate-able to me. The joy of being who we are is grounded in comfort of quilting. Thank you Jenny and family for sharing what you have. You just make life a little bit better for the rest of us.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:00 AM

You nailed it, Hunter's Grammie! I looked at a magazine in the grocery store yesterday that was $14.99!! Loaded with advertisements. BTW, instead of complaining, look for the good things about that magazine and think about how much it costs to put that magazine out. Frankly, Jenny and crew are probably just covering their cost to put out the magazine. You can cancel anytime. You don't have to buy any issues you don't want to buy. I think some of you have been spoiled by Jenny's good natured videos which are absolutely free. So how will it be for you when she takes those free tutes off and you have to pay for access to them? Think about it. I do not have any connection to MSQC, other than as a customer. They have a good product. Boring? Since when is a magazine supposed to be entertainment? If that's what you want, go buy a People magazine. Give MSQC a break on this...which has only been in production...less than a year? So you were perfect in a new job your first year? Sheesh!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:06 AM

I got my copy. Haven't made any quilts from any issue but I dearly love to read the articles. AND I just discovered the mystery story that started with 2nd issue. Sat down and read all installments. Eagerly awaiting next Block to see what happens to Jenny and her assistant.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

I picked up a special edition quilt magazine to look through and it was $15. It was printed on cheap paper with full page ads on every other page. The last five pages were all ads, most not quilt related at all. This put Block magazine in perspective for me.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:43 PM

I got mine yesterday and love it.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:35 PM

got mine thursday