Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you seen the upright basting frame?

Blog Entries
    On the website there is an extension for the frame to hold King size quilts. DH said the cost of the pipes and fittings, and his time and the ability to make it look not home made rigged, it would be much better to buy it ready out of the box. I love his thinking and he loves me. LOL
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by cpfrog View Post
    I just save my pennies and drive my quilt top & back over to a local quilter. She adds the batting and does a beautiful job with more expertise than I could ever muster. ... Lazy, you say? I just love to lounge on the lilypads.
    No, you aren't lazy. You are supporting your local economy! See, doesn't that sound better?

Yikes!! I'll stick with my spray adhesive...
    Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Steady Stiching View Post
    You might be interested in this video. Granted we all don't have an empty wall to do this on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwV8tUkhxUM
    Great video, thanks for posting it. I just basted a quilt in almost the same way, before seeing this video. I do not have a huge bare wall like that, but I used two 4x6 sheets of 3/4" styrofoam insulation board from Lowes, and taped them together, covered them with flannel, and leaned them up against my French doors. Actually it worked pretty well except I don't have anyone to help and I'm only 5'2" tall. The reaching and stretching was the worst part for me. I'm going to try it again and maybe bring in my long country bench to stand on to spray baste the high area. Personally, I did not like the looks of the one shown here that is for sale. Now I'm dreaming of a whole wall like in the video! LOL

www.quiltframes.com has a quilting frame that you don't have to baste. You put the backing in, then the batting, and then the top and just start sewing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2