Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Heat Press Batting Together

Blog Entries
    I used this for the first time today with great success. I used the wool setting on the iron as directed, but used a press cloth as my batting was 80% cotton 20% poly. The press cloth is not in the directions but I felt it was worth the extra to ensure that all would be safe.
    http://heatpressbattingtogether.com/

I have used this on a number of quilts, no problems. Can't till its there where quilting.
    My next use is to use on Hobbs black batting, thinking I will put the Heat Press on the back as I know it will not show through the backing fabric.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt
    I used this for the first time today with great success. I used the wool setting on the iron as directed, but used a press cloth as my batting was 80% cotton 20% poly. The press cloth is not in the directions but I felt it was worth the extra to ensure that all would be safe.
    http://heatpressbattingtogether.com/

Blog Entries
    i won a roll of this. used it but you must be sure to quilt where this joining is. the fusible doesnt' last.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    i won a roll of this. used it but you must be sure to quilt where this joining is. the fusible doesnt' last.
    I just purchased some of this, but haven't used it yet... Thanks for the tip about the joinings... p.s. I'm a native Texan too, transplanted to Oregon..

Suz
    At my local quilt shop, I was looking to purchase some of the heatpress product. The shop owner said it was very expensive and suggested purchase of the very light weight fusible that has the tiny white dots (used in dressmaking). $1/yd, 60" wide. I pinned the selvage edges together and cut 2-1/2" strips and repinned the edges. When I need more, I just cut more. Works great for me. I also use a pressing cloth and warm/hot iron.

Thanks, I just ordered some. And no charge for shipping! :thumbup:

np3
    Blog Entries
    Good idea.

Blog Entries
    I've used this on 2 quilts so far, worked great, saved me from needing to buy more batting since what I had on hand was enough once it was joined up!