Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help is on the way for those Sewing Minky!!

Blog Entries

Help is on the way for those Sewing Minky!!

I was just looking around for some good sales today & found this pdf for a minkee strip quilt. www.pacificfabrics.com . It has some good tips & helps to keep it from stretching so badly. Hope this helps someone. The page also has a pdf you can print off about all the different Schmetz Sewing Machine Needles. www.schmetzneedles.com/learning/pdf/ABC-brochure.pdf. Good info here, I think. Enjoy your Post Christmas high. Sorry I was having a problem getting the actual link to the pdf. Just click on "free projects".
    Last edited by vondae; 12-26-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Thanks for sharing .. I will email this information to my DGD's who are just learning to sew ! Again thanks !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank-you for sharing there was a lot of good information on sewing other fabric types as well.

GREAT info! Thanks for posting!

Thanks. I was having such a problem that I post a new thread here on the board & got some help but the way I finally solved my problem was to just use my FW. She sewed the minky with no problem. Now I'll only use her or one of my other oldies to sew that & fleece
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Thanks for this link. Pacific Fabrics was my "go to" store when we lived near Seattle. Pleasant staff and lots of good classes.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for passing along the information and links.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Thanks for the information!