Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Here's a link to a gift idea >

Here's a link to a gift idea

Here's a link to a gift idea

Old 08-04-2014, 03:51 AM

Default Here's a link to a gift idea

I got this link to a free pattern this morning in a newsletter. It is for a quilted book cover with an attached bookmark, as there are those of us (me included!) that enjoy holding and reading an old-fashioned, honest-to-goodness book. Thought it was a great gift idea for those looking for fresh ideas. http://www.creativewomanclub.com/new...ltBookwrap.pdf You might have to join the newsletter, but it is free, and there is always a free pattern with each newsletter. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:10 AM

What am I not getting? I don't understand how the cover stays on the book while you're reading? Do you just slip your book under the brown stringy thing? How do you keep the sides from just flapping down while you're reading? It's a cute book cover and thanks for posting. If anyone has made one of these, can you please post a picture!!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 AM

DebbieJJ, I just noticed that you're in North Alabama. My grandaughter lives in Florence. A big wave,HI, to you, neighbor!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

I've made book covers but I use the stretchy knits. Not hard to attach a book mark or make a separate one. I don't have the pattern been couple decades since made last one. I do know if you buy paper book covers in store you can make a pattern from that. Basically measure your book and go from there.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:04 AM

Mawluv, I didn't get it at first either, but the "E" strip under the bookmark is only attached at the top and bottom so the book cover can be slipped under it. It took several careful readings of the directions to figure this out!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:42 PM

Thanks for answering, dogsgod. I was getting ready to go to the dr. with my mom and step-dad, and then didn't get back online until this morning. Anyway, I'm afraid to admit that I didn't really read the directions as I've made a few bookcovers just by following the one I bought for my Bible (same principle). Anyway, I'm sorry the directions were hard to understand, I'll be sure to read and make sure that I can understand them before I post anything else.

Mawluv, I'm just south of Decatur, so maybe about 70 miles southeast of Florence. Big HI to you too, Neighbor!