Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Hey jersey girls.... has anyone been to.... >

Hey jersey girls.... has anyone been to....

Hey jersey girls.... has anyone been to....

Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Stitch n sew in lakewood?

I had been there a long time ago. But got to stop in last friday. Oh my goodness for fabric. You will need at least 4 hrs to get threw this.. (i only had a few min, dh was waiting in the car!)
did find a few thing in my short time to be in the store... Next time I am leaving him home! (its about a 40 min or so ride for me)
Fabric is three shelfs high, and they have so much that there is another row started in front of it...
Looks like Lqs quality fabric...
some foot ball teams in cotten, bunch of foods in fabric....
I asked they do not sell on there web site, but the do have one.
They are also a sewing machine repair shop....

www.stitchnsew.com
Old 08-17-2011, 03:02 PM

Yes, I go there once n awhile. It is amazing the amount of fabric they have and I seem to "want it all"! That's why I don't go too much. Did you put yourself on their e-mail list?

40 minutes which direction? I'm about 40 -45 minutes (if I catch the "green light" streak on hwy 9 a bit less!) minutes north. I usually visit mom in Freehold first so she can go for the ride with me and it's not so far from her.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM

I am up 136 on the park way....
union county...
My MIL lives in monroe.
We had dropped my kids off there, and were heading south and I made the dh stop......
boy I hated to rush!
yup added my email address when I was there friday!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:34 AM

Hi, They sell all types of fabric..Upholstery, home Dec, Bridal.. Cottons, lace, Buttons, Threads,Patterns, You name it..They have it. I'm not a particular fan of the store. They have a sale around twice a year and the minimum yardage purchase for the sale item is one yard and the discount isn't worth the gas. I find the store very messy...Lots of very old bolts. I guess you could say it's not my cup of tea.

Mouse Creek Quilts is located on Rt 9 north in Howell...great shop..beautiful fabric. Sale rack in rear of the store always 40% off. Olde City Quilts in Burlington is another great shop..scrap bin is always full. Gorgeous Lines of fabric. Quilting Possibilities in Forked River is another awesome shop.. I haven't been there in over a year and prices all over have gone sky high since then..Last time there I visited their Sale Room yes I said Room ...All bolts were $5 a yard.. Top of the line fabric. Pennington Quilt Works is yet another I go to once in awhile. There's always something on sale and no minimum cuts required. you cut what you want.

If anyone is ever passing thru Delaware and have some time stop in Shady Lane Selections 1121 Victory Chapel Road,Dover, De. It's off rd# 8 going west....It's an Amish Quilt shop that also has other sundries for sale. It's off the beaten path and worth the trip. No phone # as there isn't any electric. All bolted fabric..no table flats. Great selection reasonably priced and a 30% off sale rack all the time. selected $2 a bolt when available.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:02 AM

Hey, Thanks for the info. I'm in Middlesex County and at a loss for quilt shops and fabric in general. I'm stuck with the world's crummiest JoAnns (you should see the ones in CT) or online. Good to know for my next quilts.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by mummadee
Hey, Thanks for the info. I'm in Middlesex County and at a loss for quilt shops and fabric in general. I'm stuck with the world's crummiest JoAnns (you should see the ones in CT) or online. Good to know for my next quilts.
Just went to a GRAND REOPENING" of Joann's in Brick, nj..and couldn't believe the quality of the fabric...so disappointed.
had stopped in Walmart's and their's seemed nicer than Joann's.

Frequented Mouse Creek and they have wonderful quality and the quantity of material gives one such an array of choice.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 AM

you must go to the same joanns as me.. the one in colonia.......
Old 08-18-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi, They sell all types of fabric..Upholstery, home Dec, Bridal.. Cottons, lace, Buttons, Threads,Patterns, You name it..They have it. I'm not a particular fan of the store. They have a sale around twice a year and the minimum yardage purchase for the sale item is one yard and the discount isn't worth the gas. I find the store very messy...Lots of very old bolts. I guess you could say it's not my cup of tea.

Mouse Creek Quilts is located on Rt 9 north in Howell...great shop..beautiful fabric. Sale rack in rear of the store always 40% off. Olde City Quilts in Burlington is another great shop..scrap bin is always full. Gorgeous Lines of fabric. Quilting Possibilities in Forked River is another awesome shop.. I haven't been there in over a year and prices all over have gone sky high since then..Last time there I visited their Sale Room yes I said Room ...All bolts were $5 a yard.. Top of the line fabric. Pennington Quilt Works is yet another I go to once in awhile. There's always something on sale and no minimum cuts required. you cut what you want.

If anyone is ever passing thru Delaware and have some time stop in Shady Lane Selections 1121 Victory Chapel Road,Dover, De. It's off rd# 8 going west....It's an Amish Quilt shop that also has other sundries for sale. It's off the beaten path and worth the trip. No phone # as there isn't any electric. All bolted fabric..no table flats. Great selection reasonably priced and a 30% off sale rack all the time. selected $2 a bolt when available.
I will have to check out that mouse creek one.......
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 AM

Believe me...you won't be disappointed.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 AM

I've never been there but I have to say that my grandparents all used to live in Lakewood and we used to go there quite a lot.
If you like subs - and if it is still there lol - we used to go to Mikes... they're a chain now and I love getting a #13 Mike's way :D