Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Houston International Quilt Festival

To those of you who were not fortunate enough to attend, this was my very first year and I was blown away! Having quilted for not even a full year, I certainly don't consider myself an expert by any means, but seeing these masterpieces, I felt like a kindergardner scribbling with crayons! I can't begin to express how beautiful they were - will post some pics later as they are on my laptop at home and I am at work...but for those of you who are on facebook, here is a link to my photo album:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...0000449845306#!/album.php?aid=36071&id=100000449845306

Thanks for posting. Some of those quilts are amazing. It is incredible how they show you on the show's promotions the quilts they want you to see. Those of us who can not attend have to rely on other attendants to see the real show. I am always amazed to see that even in such huge show, a quilt is accepted that makes you think "What were they thinking?" I know this is only my opinion and the person who made it is very proud to be included on the show, but King Kong? As a girl? Thanks a lot for your post.

I kind of thought that one was cute - the little flags in that quilt had the names of the starring actor and the movie, for example "Ronald Reagan, Bedtime for Bonzo" and the year it came out. It was kind of cute, and definitely different. Something for the kids, I guess.

Thanks for posting....I did not get to attend this year...

Blog Entries
    Some of the entries were in Paducah quilt show this year. One quilt won a big prize in Houston that didn't win anything in Paducah. I think the judges must judge on personal likes more then we thought.

Thanks for posting. One of these days, I hope to make it to the Houston show. Until then I'll enjoy everyone's pics that did get to attend such an awesome event.

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot
    I kind of thought that one was cute - the little flags in that quilt had the names of the starring actor and the movie, for example "Ronald Reagan, Bedtime for Bonzo" and the year it came out. It was kind of cute, and definitely different. Something for the kids, I guess.
    Don't take me wrong. I am sure the quilt is cute in some way. What I don't like is the dress. My opinion, only.

Wow .........wish I could have gone.......thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I forgot my camera so this was a treat. Did you happen to take one of "Tea for Miss D"?

WOW thank you so much for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast