Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to layer a quilt on a small table

Quote Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie View Post
    OMG!! Thank you so much for this link- My knees almost stopped me from finishing my latest quilt, because I had it laid out on the basement floor where I can tape it down and proceed from there. I made a vow on this last quilt only to make mini quilts, baby quilts and wallhangings that I can sandwich on my table. This idea may keep me in the "full size quilt business" a little longer. Can't wait to try it on some of my UFOs that are ready to sandwich and have been procrastinated on!
    Joy, I recommend you baste your next quilt using Sharon Schambers method of sitting down at a table....its the best way to hand baste a quilt..EVER...I sold all my safety pins and my basting gun at the garage sale, once I tried it this way.....
    There are part 1 and part 2. She demos on a small piece on the video, but I have done using longer pieces of wood on a regular banquet table and did a queen size quilt with no problems! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA

Great link and FUNNY!

Thanks for the tute! This is how I pin-baste my quilts but always struggled with the center marking on my table, now I know the skewer method thanks to you and the video lady. I don't do my backing that way, it's always prepared before laying it down. I love Geri's tip on making a tube of the backing so the seam isn't centered, thanks for that Geri!

Thanks for sharing..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcias View Post
    Really cute and good info. If you want even more laughs, turn on the closed captioning.
    It's a good thing that I just came from the bathroom or...well, you know. I laughed so hard at the closed captioning but most especially at the credits. Thanks for the laugh...the info was also interesting.

Funny and informative...thanks for sharing the link!
    Remember the teakettle...it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~ Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Blog Entries
    I have this Bookmarked. I wouldn't do it differently at all. I did not know she was Kaye Wood's daughter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2