Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I found a basenji quilt!

I found a basenji quilt!

I was just browsing around the internet, and came across a site from a gal that showed photos she took of the Long Beach CA quilt show. Imagine my surprise when the first quilt she showed was a basenji!
    Seems they had different categories at the show, and this one was entered in the 'Maps' category. The basenji in the quilt had a piece of the map behind him, ripped off and in his mouth! Typical

http://quiltskipper.com/2013/08/09/long-beach-2013/

There was a link to the quilt designer's site, and I left a comment saying how much I enjoyed his humor, surely he must have a basenji? He and his wife do, in fact got the dog from the same breeder who had the sire of my first basenji. Small world. His wife told me he has another to show in October, can't wait!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean????

Me neither.

Blog Entries
    I had Basenji's when I was growing up, they sure do have unique personalities Mine would have shredded the paper too. Great quilt, thanks for sharing
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Thanks for sharing this. We had 3 basenjis for many years - all rejected or abandoned by others. They are little devils in the most appealing package! That quilt neatly captures both the personality and the mischief, and the adorable wrinkles on their foreheads. I have to say, though, that the only dog we ever had who did something comparable to what's going on there was a half lab - half fence-jumping great Dane. She pulled off a lot of wallpaper in our bathroom and then tore a hole right through the gypsum board -- behind the toilet! We came home and found pink fluff and wallpaper bits all around. And she was thrilled to see us back! That was in our brand new first house in 1975, and after that we understood that a bathroom is no substitute for a crate.

Perhaps even more so than other breeds, basenjis are pack animals, and you are their pack. They suffer a lot of anxiety when left alone, and that's when all heck breaks loose.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

How cute!! Thanks for sharing......love basenjis!!!!

Blog Entries
    They are cute critters! What fun to find that. I'd love a Doberman quilt myself.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html