Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I learned something new

Blog Entries
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/189993..._iris_folding/

It's iris folding. I had no idea what that was until today. :D This will be a great stress reliever for me to sit alone and do.

That's pretty cool!

That's was great! Now if you find a website that does folded fabric quilting please post it I'd love to learn that I can't find it anywhere.

Don't you think this would work with fabric? I think I may just try it. Of course it would have to be used on a wall hanging that would not be washed or actually used.

Yes this would work with fabric, but there is a way to do it that you sew the fabric and it will be a quilt you can use. I just haven't found the way you do it and I would like to know how.

I think this might work with fabric using a paper foundation piecing technique. Possibly you would need to start with the last numbered fold and work out to the edge and then later add a piece for the iris. It would be fun to try, especially if the pattern were to be enlarged.

Yes, this does work with fabric. I've done it. You just do it backwards and do the paper piecing method. I've done it with several quilt block patterns. Lots of fun.