Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
I think I finally found..... >

I think I finally found.....

I think I finally found.....

Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 AM

Default I think I finally found.....

....a thread that works for me for doing hexies. Thanks to someone on board-sorry, I don't remember who, suggested silamide type A thread.....searched and found for the best price at Auntie's Beads........just finished sewing three hexies together...no knots, twists, and best of all, no shredding of thread fibers.....nice clean, thin thread that so far is my answer to this prob I was having.... Again thank!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:52 AM

Isn't it amazing how little things like that can make you so happy? That is what I love about quilting, when you do something that you didn't think you could and it works!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

I posted about the waxed thread. Isn't it wonderful? Eleanor Burns suggested it. The brand I use is Beadwrangler's Original Silamide 2ply. I have an assortment of different color 100 yard spools that Eleanor sold on her website some years ago. I use it for most all my handsewing. Threads magazines said it was the best handsewing thread to use too.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I posted about the waxed thread. Isn't it wonderful? Eleanor Burns suggested it. The brand I use is Beadwrangler's Original Silamide 2ply. I have an assortment of different color 100 yard spools that Eleanor sold on her website some years ago. I use it for most all my handsewing. Threads magazines said it was the best handsewing thread to use too.

Thanks for the suggestion...I am really pleased with the results on those hexies. I may have to increase my inventory of this thread in some colors too,