Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I went to Lancaster,PA quilt show

I went to Lancaster,PA quilt show

this was my first time at large quilt show and let me tell you that I have walked through it with my jaw down the whole time and wondering what am I trying to do, I have never seen such a beautiful quilts!!!
    if you go to this web site you can see the winners....... they were all awesome
    http://www.americanquilter.com/index.php

I can understand the jaw dropping! I am speechless.

Power Poster
    I must admit that the quilts in the big shows are way beyond me. I still enjoy looking at them but know I'd never be able to produce a quilt anyway as beautiful. Luckily I quilt because I enjoy it and not to compete at that level.

I love quilt shows. There are always wonderful quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I must admit that the quilts in the big shows are way beyond me. I still enjoy looking at them but know I'd never be able to produce a quilt anyway as beautiful. Luckily I quilt because I enjoy it and not to compete at that level.
    I agree with you. I like looking at the quilts but I like more quilting for enjoyment.

When I first started quilting, I would come home from quilt shows feeling totally defeated....no way. but now, I have learned to accept that the people that enter these shows are more "professional" and real artists. I am not and so I do what I do and am happy. I enjoy shows now and enjoy seeing the accomplishments of these talented quilters.....