Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
I would like to batting by the roll....any recommendations of brand and where to buy? >

I would like to batting by the roll....any recommendations of brand and where to buy?

I would like to batting by the roll....any recommendations of brand and where to buy?

Old 06-18-2019, 09:54 AM

Post I would like to batting by the roll....any recommendations of brand and where to buy?

Any suggestions where I can get cotton batting by the roll? Also brands that you think are good? I have several projects to finish, and don't want to keep driving to the LQS for packaged batting.
Thank You.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:09 AM

I buy my batting from Walmart.com . It's Pellon 80/20 cotton/poly batting, but I think Walmart carries Pellon 100% cotton batting too. I really like the drape and feel of the batting, very much like Hobbs 80/20 without the higher price. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pellon-Na...-bolt/38571009 . I like how it is 96" wide, so I can fit the length of most of my quilts on without piecing the batting. ( most of my quilts are 90" long) .
Old 06-18-2019, 10:47 AM

About once a year there’s a 70% off batting coupon for Joann floating around and I stock up on 10 yards or so of warm and natural. Online you can buy it by the roll too. I also see it sold by the roll on amazon, though I haven’t purchased any yet. For baby quilts, donations, I’m not too picky on the batting and will take whatever is the best deal. I’ve never had an issue with bearding. For special projects I will buy packaged batting specifically for that quilt.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM

I purchase from Walmart.com. Free shipping right to my door. I like Warm and White. Whatever you decide, try it out first. A roll lasts a long time. I store mine under my sewing table. A friend of mine stores hers in the bathtub of her guest bath.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:40 PM

I buy my rolls of batting from Heartbeat Quilting, on line. Their service is great and I think their prices are very good. All 3 times I've ordered have been late in the day on Thursdays, the batting was on my doorstep the following Monday morning.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I buy my batting from Walmart.com . It's Pellon 80/20 cotton/poly batting, but I think Walmart carries Pellon 100% cotton batting too. I really like the drape and feel of the batting, very much like Hobbs 80/20 without the higher price. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pellon-Na...-bolt/38571009 . I like how it is 96" wide, so I can fit the length of most of my quilts on without piecing the batting. ( most of my quilts are 90" long) .
I too am happy with the Pellon. I get the cotton one. I am on my second big roll. It quilts nice for me, and has a nice drape and is less expensive than Warm and Natural.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by TouchOfRustic View Post
About once a year there’s a 70% off batting coupon for Joann floating around and I stock up on 10 yards or so of warm and natural. Online you can buy it by the roll too. I also see it sold by the roll on amazon, though I haven’t purchased any yet. For baby quilts, donations, I’m not too picky on the batting and will take whatever is the best deal. I’ve never had an issue with bearding. For special projects I will buy packaged batting specifically for that quilt.
Unfortunatley, JoAnn has stopped carrying products by the Warm Co.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Unfortunatley, JoAnn has stopped carrying products by the Warm Co.
I am still purchasing W&N from JoAnn's. It is my go to batting.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:12 AM

I have also used the batting rom Walmart (96" x 9 yds) and was pleased with it for all my Project Linus quilts. Our local JoAnn store no longer carries Warm and Natural.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:36 AM

I have bought warm&natural from Hobby lobby for years with the coupon but now that I see the price of Pellon at Walmart I might give it a try.