Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: IEEE Spectrum article on sewing machines and quilting

Who knew? Electrical engineers interested in the wonders of modern sewing and quilting! The December 2010 issue has an article that discusses new, sophisticated electronic sewing machines (with homage to traditional, even treadle).

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/e...ms/quilting-20

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing. This is a great article.

thanks for telling us. Found DH's copy of the magazine and read with interest. Think I'll stick with basic sewing machines. Do you have trouble with your engineer "getting" quilting like I do?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple
    thanks for telling us. Found DH's copy of the magazine and read with interest. Think I'll stick with basic sewing machines. Do you have trouble with your engineer "getting" quilting like I do?

Pat
    Well, DH doesn't have much interest in my quilting, except of course when I'm making something for him in a fabric he has chosen (for example, he selected some fabrics with WW2 planes).

I have a math/science background too, and actually find quilting a nice combination of mathematics/design and creativity.