Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
If you go to Salt Lake City, Utah...what a great LQS!    and one more, too >

If you go to Salt Lake City, Utah...what a great LQS! and one more, too

If you go to Salt Lake City, Utah...what a great LQS! and one more, too

Old 04-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Default If you go to Salt Lake City, Utah...what a great LQS! and one more, too

I had the most wonderful time at My Heritage Fabrics in Ogden, Utah - just north of Salt Lake City. The store doesn't have a website for online ordering but here is a link to classes and events: http://myheritagefabrics.wordpress.com/
It is located in The Rainbow Gardens Gift Shops building. The shop's entrance is in the back - just follow the stenciled scissors on the floor's hallway. I have been to dozens (I'm not saying how many dozen) of quilt shops and I was more than pleasantly surprised to see so many samples, collections of fabrics and a classroom separate but adjacent to her shop with even more samples hanging. I told the owner that I was so impressed with her shop from the amount of fabrics, selections, and display of the items. (she has an old double tub wringer washer with fabric in it) She said she has only been open 3 years.

Another shop I stopped by was Piper Quilts and it is close to the SLC downtown area. http://pquilts.com/index.php
It is a smaller shop than the above mentioned shop but they had a lot of baby and children patterns and samples/kits. I ran into the shop to pick up a pattern so I didn't spend a lot of time touching fabric.

I am not affiliated with either one of the shops. But out of the four shops I visited on this trip, these two were standouts.

Last edited by AUQuilter; 04-23-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Hi, I Must agree with you about the Piper Quilts. When I go to Wyoming, this is a break stop for me. Yes, a real break me stop. hahahha
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 AM

I am from the Salt Lake Valley and I can assure anyone we have many wonderful Quilt Shops in Utah to satisfy just about any kind of sewing or quilting addiction. If you come through Utah you get the added bonus of some of the most majestic scenery you could ask for from mountain tops to deseret vistas.