Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
If you like Applique or Want to Learn You'll love this >

If you like Applique or Want to Learn You'll love this

If you like Applique or Want to Learn You'll love this

Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Darlene Christopherson is offering 4 of her Applique patterns plus 5 note cards for a total of $3.00 just for visiting her site. No shipping charges. If you go to the site just click on the picture with the patterns and it will take you to the page to order. I went ahead and ordered them. Very pretty Applique. Have Fun :D
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, I ordered one for a friend of mine. I was looking for a thank you gift for her and it is perfect!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:29 AM

Thanks for posting this. :)
Old 04-03-2008, 04:56 AM

Wow, seems I did not even post the link, Sorry :!: :?
Here it is:
http://www.darlenechristopherson.com/
Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 AM

I just placed my order!! I Loooooooove applique!! thanks sooo much for sharing this site!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 AM

Hee Hee, again like we don't have enough to do. I love applique too, I just don't do it often enough! :?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 AM

Donna my mind is on spin here!!

I just had a phone call from a local sewing shop.. They heard about me and asking if I would be interested in teaching in their store!!!

I already teach twice a week through one of the community centres... I am seriously considering saying yes to these people, BUT that I can only do a limited number of classes as I have other courses elsewhere, as well as trying to work on my inventory to sell this year... My calendar is filling reeeeally fast!! And it seems each week now I'm taking on more and more projects... this mystery quilt is not gonna help!! LOL But I HAVE to do it as I spent money yesterday getting more fabrics for it!! LOL yes I am DEFINETLY justifying here!!! LOL

Last night I completed 38 crumb blocks. I want another 22 to make it an even 60 to put into a scrappy quilt. I started those last night around 9ish!! LOL

ooh the fun just never ends around here!! And when everyone here is posting more cool websites with amazing offers.. you can't HELP to give in!!!!!!!! YOu are all gonna be putting me in the poor house!! I'm gonna HAVE to take on this extra teaching class just to pay for my addiction here! And besides who couldnt' handle some extra mad money!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM

Oh, it has to be so much fun teaching quilting/sewing classes. How awesome. Have you taught at a sewing shop before? Yikes, the only thing is how do you keep from spending the money at the shop you get paid for teaching. I would have to tell them to be sure to not let me cash my check there and leave all my banking info, cards, checks at home. See how much I would trust myself :?: :!: I was at a quilt shop nearby yesterday and I asked the gal how she kept from spending her paycheck and she said she doesn't worry about it. It is spent on fabric and items put aside before she even gets her check. That would be me! Oh but to be around fabric all day. I would even work at Wally World (aka Walmart) in the fabric department for fabric. LOL Gotto go, lots to do. Happy quilting to all.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 AM

DonnaRae I have worked in a couple fabric/quilt shops years ago and yes it is tough coming home with a full pay cheque!!! I too remember putting new products and fabric meters away under the counter so I could pay for them on payday. This was especially done if we saw something come in that would DEFINETELY sell very very fast! We wanted our stuff FIRST before the customers!! LOL

I looooooooooooooooove teaching quilting!!! Its soooo addictive and I get such a rush when I see how many wonderful colour selections my students use for their quilts!! I tend to take lots of photos of my students working away on their quilts!! When I taught quilting in the quilt shop I loved buying the gadgets and gizmos we sold at the store and use them at the classes.. this boosted sales big time for the store!!! I do it still even though I'm not teaching out of a fabric/quilt store anymore but at a local community center. One of my students started her own home based fabric shop. She started with me 1 1/2 years ago. She became sooooo addicted she started ordering TONS of fabrics wholesale and sold them out of her home. She also brings in some great notions, gadgets and gizmos!! I promote her every chance I get to my students. It works out great cause when I order from her I get discounts!!!! Sometimes freebie things that I can use in class for demonstrations!! :)

I had a couple people in this forum ask if I might be interested in teaching something here online.. I'm seriously putting some big thoughts into doing it. I haven't never taught anything online, so not sure how I will do with putting my points across. But hey I am ALWAYS up for the challenge!