Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
I'm in love with Artbin >

I'm in love with Artbin

I'm in love with Artbin

Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 AM

Talking I'm in love with Artbin

I LOVE the thread boxes that Artbin is making, and they are made in the USA. I especially love that I can get a "cube" to keep the boxes in and roll it between machines. Right now, Amazon.com has the boxes for $15.27 and they can be bought on Prime, if you have the membership, and shipped for free. That's half what they are at Joann's.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Satchel-...eywords=artbin

I have two already and thinking about ordering a third, since it's a good price. Also, considering ordering the double deep satchel to store my fat quarters ... I thought this was a fabulous idea. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/ArtBin-6990AB-...eywords=artbin

Here's the cube if anyone's interested ... you can buy casters for it as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Satchel-...eywords=artbin
Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Last summer Sam's Club here had Art Bin as a special purchase! Satchels, bins, rolling case, the works, just mix and match. The most expensive one, the tall rack with drawers was $35! I bought several of the deep satchels for fat quarters and a thread bin. I was in a hurry and thought I'd come back to get more but by the time I got back a few day later there they were not sold anymore.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Last summer Sam's Club here had Art Bin as a special purchase! Satchels, bins, rolling case, the works, just mix and match. The most expensive one, the tall rack with drawers was $35! I bought several of the deep satchels for fat quarters and a thread bin. I was in a hurry and thought I'd come back to get more but by the time I got back a few day later there they were not sold anymore.
I will have to keep my eye out to see if they offer that here!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:48 AM

I went to check prices on samsclub.com; they weren't on samsclub, but they WERE on walmart.com for comparable, sometimes lower prices. You may want to check there as well.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

nice organizer... thanks for sharing
Old 03-26-2014, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

A special in store purchase from last summer wouldn't be listed at Sam's Club now.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:48 AM

I love artbin too. Most of mine came from Joann's when they are on sale or I had coupons.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:37 AM

I'll have to be on the look-out for these. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:50 AM

I love the ArtBins as well. I also bought the cubes, but never put them together. My current storage area for my projects in ArtBins is the half-wall of my DH's mancave. The room only has a 1/2 wall and no door, so we have my Satchels stacked on the 1/2 wall as the rest of the "wall." It blocks the some of the light and some of the noise from his room.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:51 PM

Our local craft store many times has ArtBin on sale for $3.33. These are without the thread trays. I still use them for my thread, though. If you have lots of spools that are skinny spools (like Sulky) , they work for those. If lots of your spools are larger in diameter or even mini cones, the thread trays aren't as usable. I stack my spools in there and have certain colors in each one or specialty threads, like metallic or bobbin threads. A couple years ago, I bought a couple that had 2 thread trays in each one. Since then I've split up the trays so four ArtBins have one tray. I have 6 stacked on each other and they sort of lock together, but I can easily pick up several to get to one below. I like that they are translucent so you can see what colors are inside, but they are still protected from dust and sunlight.