Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Light box

Blog Entries

Inexpensive Light box

If you don't have a light box and want one that can be used anywhere, no plug required, weights practically nothing, sits on your lap and is cheap get one of these: http://www.crayola.com/products/ligh...g-pad-product/

I bought one today at Walmart for $20.

It works great. it holds a 8 x 11 1/2 paper but any size could be used. I put a printed pattern on it and could see through solid bright yellow fabric perfectly. I did tape the pattern to the pad using painters tape so it wouldn't move at all. If I was a die hard appliquer I'd have a pro one, but this one does a fantastic job for me.
    Got fabric?

Neat! Thanks for the heads up.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Great idea!

Power Poster
    ​That looks super handy! Thanks for the idea. I will keep my eye out for one at my Walmart.

Open up the kitchen or dining room table. Place a piece of acrilic over the openintg. Then put a lamp or light on the floor underneatth, and you're good tp go!

Thanks for that tip - I am going to look for one at my local Walmart.

Thanks for this tip. It is a great idea.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

Blog Entries
    I just got a cordless light for around $5 and put it in a clear flat tote and it works great and I can sit on my sofa and do it. I know others who have pulled thier center section out of thier dinning room table and put a clear piece of glass on it and a lamp under the table. It's great to have so many options like yours and the other ones on this board to save us money and still be able to do what we love.
    Judy

I use the Crayloa box too...bought mine at a garage sale...works like a charm.

If you have a top loading washer you can put a piece of acrylic over the top and a lamp inside and it makes a nice large space to trace patterns. Or if you need a small one, a flashlight under a baking dish.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast