Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
IPad review please >

IPad review please

IPad review please

Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 AM

Last night I was searching for quilt patterns using an IPad and found it very handy. I could move through the links and lists and resize pictures easily. The size of the IPad is very convenient too.

I do a lot of work online and wonder about the limitations or drawbacks of an IPad. I'm not sure the keypad would be convenient for typing quickly.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time. :)
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM

I have a tough time typing on our Ipad. You actually have two keyboards with numbers and symbols on a second one...almost like having to shift to get to them....

I love it for browsing the net and playing games. However I could never substitute it for a laptop or desktop, because it doesnt' have the in-depth applications (like Word, Excel, etc) which I use every stinking day.

I did find a quilting app......haven't played with it much yet.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Thanks for your reply. Alas, it is as I thought. :( I can't get away from my laptop.

The IPad is pretty cool for surfing the web though.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:46 AM

I really like my iPad but have to agree with luvspaper. I still use the laptop dor word processing.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:43 AM

I'm SERIOUSLY considering purchasing one. More input please!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:59 AM

I enjoy my iPad so much ! there are few limitations....I use it for email, facebook & searching the web. Typing takes some time to get used to...I find using a stylus helps w/ the typing. The stylus has a rubber like tip.
Hope you can be helped by this post !
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 AM

I use my iPad all the time. The keyboard gets easier with practice, but it isn't ever going to be speedy. I can type a short message, but for anything longer, I move to my computer. There is a keyboard available for the iPad, however.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 AM

I love my ipad, I cruise for patterns, pictures, and directions. I design using TouchDraw. Typing is different, I'm learning to use one hand while I support the pad with the other. If I have serious typing I prop it on a table and away I go! I love my ipad, and I can't imagine life without it now. (I read this board in bed everynight before I go to sleep! Very soothing!)
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 AM

I LOVE my iPad. Never would have gotten one but my DS gave it to me for my birthday. You can get an app for just about anything that you want to do, and they are generaly less than ten dollars. Most of mine have been free. My biggest problem at first was saving files (free patterns). The GoodReader app solved that problem. Next was printing. An inexpensive wireless HP printer that we needed anyway fixed that. The best thing about it is the size and the crisp clear video. I will still use my laptop for heavy duty word processing and photo editing, but my iPad is my first choice for surfing, email and of course mindless relaxing games. AND I can watch Netflix or HBOgo with headphones while the DH watches the races on the big screen. I connect to our home wireless network for internet access. That way I don't have to pay for another cellular data plan. I can also connect to any free wireless hotspot. Sorry this is so long but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPad !!!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 AM

I love my IPad also, I use it for e books all the time, great to take to the Doctors office to read when you know you will have a long wait and their magazines are all two years old. You can buy a keyboard if you need it.