Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Italian Blocks

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing !!
    P.Jaco
    OKC, OK
    "Trust your experience"

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Interesting .. thanks for the link !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

What a fun block! I just finished making four. I used some 10" squares that I had in my stash....cut them and sewed. The first ones I did, did NOT use starch and found that a BIG mistake. I also had cut my block to the 8" she suggested. On the second ones, I first used Best Press on them and cut them to 8 1/2". Made all the difference in the world. They came out so much better.....Between using starch and that extra wiggle room, I had fun.......

Gee this is a fun block and makes a cute quilt too. I had to save it to my favorites to try later.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    thanks for sharing the link. my previous guild uses this block to make quilts of valor. i was told that this block was often used to make cot sized quilts for the civil war soldiers.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    I am so happy you shared this with us. I love it, and it doesn't look to complicated.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Thank you for sharing this site. I have saved it for my to-do list sometime - if I live long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
    What a fun block! I just finished making four. I used some 10" squares that I had in my stash....cut them and sewed. The first ones I did, did NOT use starch and found that a BIG mistake. I also had cut my block to the 8" she suggested. On the second ones, I first used Best Press on them and cut them to 8 1/2". Made all the difference in the world. They came out so much better.....Between using starch and that extra wiggle room, I had fun.......
    Wow! thanks for being so proactive and doing this right away! Made my day to have someone do the trial and error on something that looked easy but ended up having some quirks. Kudos to you!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    thanks for sharing the link. my previous guild uses this block to make quilts of valor. i was told that this block was often used to make cot sized quilts for the civil war soldiers.
    Thank you to your guild for saying thank you to our military! (and thanks for the quilting history tidbit!)