Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Janome bias binding tool

Blog Entries

Janome bias binding tool

Perhaps it's just me but this tool seems to make more work then just binding the old fashioned way. I have no idea what it costs but I'm thinking rather expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRJq-L00j0

Blog Entries
    Depending on the model, it goes for $150.-$250. And I'm with you, more trouble and the end results doesn't do it for me.

Everything looks easy with a MINI quilt, can't imagine using it on a real quilt. Our antique machines always came with the binding attachment, for a narrower finished binding, have used mine a few times and it is a simple attachment. But they make things now way more complicated and for a LOT of $$$, simple is better for me.
    I will keep doing bindings the old way and more than likely much quicker.

I love my Janome, but this seems terribly complicated to me....and expensive!! I'll stick to the old fashioned way of doing it.

Oh man- I have to look for an old machine that has this attachment. Or find one for my Brother machine or Bernina that is cheap.
    I dislike doing binding.

I bought one....it has paid for itself many times over.....there is a learning curve, but once you catch on, it is so very fast and easy....does perfect corners and is all done by machine....I love it and would hate to be without it....

Ebay has a version of this tool starting at $17.99. I've always been a bit of a snob about hand sewing the finishing binding. But since I've starting making lap quilts for the veterans at our local VA Long Term Care facility I machine sew both sides of the binding. It just goes faster. And they get used a lot so the machine stitches hold up much better in the long run. I've gotten pretty good at it so the looks are not interfered with. In fact, for those give-away items I might invest in this tool.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

I'm still deciding. The price is a little steep, but I like the idea.

Blog Entries
    I have it but could not figure it out.

It might work just fine, like the demo shows, however, I think I'll pass and do my binding the old fashioned way, as this tool looks too complicated for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast