Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jelly Roll Quilt in Less than 2 Hours

Jelly Roll Quilt in Less than 2 Hours

Nice PDF pattern of how to make one of these .... they turn out really neat.
    http://www.fabricbuffet.com/images/j..._hour2_pdf.pdf

Thank you for this, our guild is having a get together to doing one of these jelly roll in mid April. Yet I sort of think the pattern they are having us use is the one with the strips being sewn without the angle.

would love to see a picture...

So would I - interesting

Google image search for "Jelly Roll Race Quilt": https://www.google.com/search?q=Jell...Hsiy2wW8loDAAg
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Can't think of another way to use strips.....you have covered them all.

thank you for sharing the pattern

We had our quild get together yesterday (04-13-13) for the "Super Fast Jelly-Roll Quilt" This is the one without the slanted end, one of the ladies actually finished her is just 1 1/2 hours. Wow fast sewer there lol yet most of us it took about 3 hours but most of us took a break every now and then. We didn't do the borders just the strips. I just went to my stash as some others also did and cut the strips. We were handed out the pattern when we arrivaled. But were told just to bring the jelly rolls or 2 1/2 strips.

Needed is: 1 Jelly Roll (40 strips - I cut 42 since I remember most Jelly Roll use to be 42), 1st Border is 1/2 yards, 2nd Border 1 1/2 yards, Binding 5/8 yard and Backing 4 1/2 yards to complete the quilt.

You cut off 20" from the first strip after sewing those strips together end to end and don't forget to cut the selvage off on the ends sewn together. You should end up with approxinately 1600" long. Then grab the one end and the other end start sewing them two together with your 1/4' seam. Make sure you put the two right ends together. When you get to the end cut the end then pick up the two end and start to sew them together. so you'll have 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 strips sewn together. Keep repeating until you have 16 strips then your almost done sewing those strips, take the 16 fold in 1/2 cut the center and sew those two together you'll now have 32 rolls and the size will be approx 50" x 64" square it up. 1st border is 2 1/2" and the 2nd Border is 6" your finshed size will be approx 65" x 79".

Hope I explained this well enough?

Name:  Sewing 014.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  616.3 KB