Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Joann's fabric contest winner link

http://www.joann.com/joann/common/co...e=quiltContest

Thought you all might like to see this. I had no idea Joann's had quilt contest and the quilts are incredible.

Cool quilts, but only one is a 'traditional' type pattern. All the others are 'artsy'.....

Thanks for posting the link ....
    Any board members enter?

Don't know if any board members entered, would be especially fun if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorneliaVa
    Thanks for posting the link ....
    Any board members enter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    Cool quilts, but only one is a 'traditional' type pattern. All the others are 'artsy'.....
    That would be why you'd not catch me entering any kind of competition...I can't compete with the art quilts, and while I admire them greatly, have no desire to even try to do one... but it seems they always win these things....

I did not know they had a quilt contest either. There are some very nice looking quilts. If my grandma was still alive, I am not sure what she would think of these new designs that they call quilts.

I wonder if any of these quilts will end up on a bed, or it there just for show.

Thanks for the insight,

Mary

I think there ought to be separate categories for art and traditional. I juried a show awhile ago with a huge variety of quilts for a museum, they wanted me to pick one to win. I declined. The quilts covered decades with a variety of materials, designs and etc, it was impossible in my opinion to choose. You can not compare an art quilt made by some one with an art degree to one made by those who quilt for the fun of it. Besides some of us who do and love art quilts are not so good at tradition ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    That would be why you'd not catch me entering any kind of competition...I can't compete with the art quilts, and while I admire them greatly, have no desire to even try to do one... but it seems they always win these things....