Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Just in case someone wants a white featherweight... >

Just in case someone wants a white featherweight...

Just in case someone wants a white featherweight...

Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 AM

Default Just in case someone wants a white featherweight...

I was browsing through estate sales, craig's list, etc. and I just happened to type in fabric sale estate sale, etc. and up came a rather large estate sale in Wyoming MI pretty soon. Then, just cuz I was curious about the whole "room of fabric listed", I kept looking at the pictures.

Then, I saw a white featherweight for sale.

I have absolutely no affiliation with this sale and have no idea whatsoever the prices of this thing. But sometimes, some of you all really like information and are rather saddened when you find out after the fact that this is around the corner.

So, if you are somewhere around Wyoming, MI (I don't know where that is yet, BTW)...you might want to check out this estate sale.

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/271470.aspx
Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 AM

Talking

Oh Gosh, its only been 3 weeks since we purchased a treadle, Very early electric and a featherweight. AND I seriously considered driving to Michigan from Iowa. HELP I need a 12 step program. Anyway thanks for the link so I could look.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 AM

I get the email all the time for the estate sales and never think to look at any sales not close to where I live. It is kind of silly because I just read that they will do shipping. I guess the best thing to do before bidding would be to ask about shipping and find out how much. I don't think they do shipping on everything though. However they recently added an addition 15 percent to the finale cost for any item. I think that is i high percentage. They already receive a commission from the parties that are selling and then an additional 15 percent from the buyer. But I guess if you get something at a really good price it would be worth it. I bought a 8 X12 rug for my living room from them. That was before the 15 percent additional charge. I doubt if they had had the charge at that time I probably would not have bought it and would have lost out. It is a very nice very expensive rug that I paid a big $30 for. So like I said. Guess if it is cheap enough it would be worth it. Just still think 15 percent is awfully high.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, thanks for letting us know.

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I was browsing through estate sales, craig's list, etc. and I just happened to type in fabric sale estate sale, etc. and up came a rather large estate sale in Wyoming MI pretty soon. Then, just cuz I was curious about the whole "room of fabric listed", I kept looking at the pictures.

Then, I saw a white featherweight for sale.

I have absolutely no affiliation with this sale and have no idea whatsoever the prices of this thing. But sometimes, some of you all really like information and are rather saddened when you find out after the fact that this is around the corner.

So, if you are somewhere around Wyoming, MI (I don't know where that is yet, BTW)...you might want to check out this estate sale.

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/271470.aspx
Old 04-16-2012, 04:47 PM

Wow, wished I lived close to there. Did you also the sewing machines in picture 56? Look nice, too.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 AM

those other 3 machines look like a handcrank, a BERNINA, and dome top case could be another handcrank..... bet the woman who lived here was a very interesting person....obviously a quilter !
Old 04-17-2012, 05:01 AM

OMG.....I have to go to this sale..its a two hour drive each way but boy that would be worth it. thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 AM

wow looks like a good sale wish i was closer
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM

I would need a lot of money and a trailer for that sale. and a place to put everything would be nice. lol What an amazing collection of things ....
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Banned

ok, I need to rent a UHAUL and head up to MI....sigh...did you see that stuff???