Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Log Cabin Inspiration

Log Cabin Inspiration

This is the most amazing log cabin quilt I've ever seen. I'm so used to the traditional layouts and never thought of trying anything like this. You could do almost any pattern.
    http://autryvoices.files.wordpress.c.../elb-quilt.jpg

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There a so many ways to layout a log cabin quilt that you could spend forever playing with the blocks. I've seen the layout you like before and it has a name, but I don't remember it. One of the experts on the board will probably know.

This site shows several. I'm always drawn to the Woven Log Cabin.

http://www.fonsandporter.com/landing...quilt-patterns

Thanks for the link. I've always loved the log cabin block but for some reason I hate to make it. Something like this would keep you on your toes because you'd be using it like HSTs and a QSTs.

Here is a wonderful book that I own. It has many Log Cabins that I've never seen arranged in these ways before. http://www.createforless.com/House+o...pid198889.aspx
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I liked the one I gave a link to because it was an OLD quilt (it came up when I was doing a search for Hopi quilts) that they were trying to preserve and yet I'd never seen anyone doing that type of thing. God knows, I do enough looking at quilt pictures every day and I would have noticed it.

Blog Entries
    Wow they are all so pretty. As many quilts as I have made I have never done a log cabin. I admire them all the time. One is on my bucket list.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how big it is but looks like a lot of little pieces. Not sure I would have the patience.

Thank you for the link. I also love the Woven Log Cabin. I'm just starting a queen batik log cabin so someday...

That is just beautiful....

What a beautiful quilt, jeaninmaine. Thanks for sharing it. I also loved the link sent by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter and I printed it out. The Woven Log Cabin is so neat and I liked the others as well. I recently did a round robin border using log cabin blocks and I used Eleanor Burns's method. It was so fast and easy. I've had the book for a long time, but this is the first time I had actually used it. It shows tons of layouts for the blocks so that is neat, too. Check it out if you haven't looked at it.
    Sheri (zkosh)
    Those who can, teach. Those who canít teach get into some less significant line of work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast