Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for good quality dish towels.

Looking for good quality dish towels.

I want to make some dish towels that are embroidered, or appliqued for Christmas gifts. I found some at Beverly's, but they are not of very good quality. Anyone know where I can find some decent ones? I don't want to put all that work into something that isn't going to look nice. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    What type of towel are you wanting....the flour sack type or the patterned (check/plaid) type you find in quilt shops?

I have taken to making my own , as what I am finding available is not great quality. It really does not take much time and I am confident of my fabric before any embelishments.

The very best I have found are at allaboutblanks.com , but they aren't cheap. But this is an instance of you get what you pay for. And the owner, Susan Mars, is fabulous .

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Craft View Post
    What type of towel are you wanting....the flour sack type or the patterned (check/plaid) type you find in quilt shops?
    I'm looking for palin, white towels that I can embellish on my own. So far, the stuff I've found is very thin, low quality muslin that's been hemmed. Very disappointing.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PABerard View Post
    The very best I have found are at allaboutblanks.com , but they aren't cheap. But this is an instance of you get what you pay for. And the owner, Susan Mars, is fabulous .
    Thanks so much! I just popped over to her site. These are just what I was looking for! I don't think the price is bad...$5-6 each. They're gifts, so I want them to be high quality. Off to shop...thanks again!
    Last edited by tropit; 06-22-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    look for some linen at http://www.fabrics-store.com/ and make some
    you can sign up and they send out sales info and some tutorials
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Here are two options for some high quality toweling
    http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....7-5b660e6e2a93 and http://www.homesew.com/fp220.html
    I have shopped both places for many years and can say the quality is good, price is reasonable. Also Fabric-store has great linen.
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

I've ordered the nice flour sack white dish towel from Nancy's Notions and am quite satisfied with them. I machine embroider on them.

Have you tried Sams? I think they carry 12 in a pack and are white. I think that is where I purchased mine.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com