Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Machine Quilting Patterns >

Machine Quilting Patterns

Machine Quilting Patterns

Old 10-03-2008, 05:12 AM

I found all these machine quilting patterns. They are great for ideas. If you are new to machine quilting I practice with pen and paper and I also play with the "paint" program on the computer before I start practicing with my machine.

Tricia

http://www.kenquilt.com/index.php?ma...32e858059ade33
Old 10-03-2008, 06:53 AM

The only problem is that these patterns are copyrighted. You can not copy or store by any means. You are taking money from these designers or you could be blunt and say you are plain stealing them.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:24 AM

I've used something simular to these and boy is it nice to jsut follow the lines but i hate pulling off the paper.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:59 PM

I just like to look at the ideas.

Tricia
Old 10-03-2008, 04:13 PM

[quote=Tricia]I found all these machine quilting patterns. They are great for ideas. If you are new to machine quilting I practice with pen and paper and I also play with the "paint" program on the computer before I start practicing with my machine.

Tricia
quote]

Thanks for the link! They are great.

Tricia I can not play with the "paint" program. I just make messes! I am terrible at it. But I do the writing first. I still am learning but I would like to know what you do in "paint" to pratice?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by sspingler
The only problem is that these patterns are copyrighted. You can not copy or store by any means. You are taking money from these designers or you could be blunt and say you are plain stealing them.
I don't see anywhere where someone was going to just take the patterns? Leads here are not just for freebies. It is for good buys and anything good. Besides you could get small stuff like those anywhere. The stencils are another story. :D
Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 AM

DonnaRae

In the paint program and on paper I use the stencil or I "play" with an idea of my own for machine quilting so that my mind gets the idea of how the shape is suppose to go together. I have found that if I do not "play" with a machine quilting pattern before I start using it on the machine I end up backed into a corner or I end up stuck and not sure where to go. I am still very new to machine quilting but I am pretty advance at piecing (both foundation and regular). I do not know if this will make any sense to anyone but I find it helps me greatly. I hate getting on the machine and getting started with a few loops or what ever I am attempting and then not knowing where to go with the design after that.

I knew these designs were copyrighted and I am certainly not telling anyone to steal from anyone. I make pattern and would hate to be stolen from but I have not seen a place to get the wonderful designs that are on this site. I have not been on the board much lately and there may be freebies out there but I am buying some of these myself and I thought some of the people on here would be interested also. I do not understand how you could steal stencils anyway.

I hope I explained this well enough and it helps the newbie machine quilters like I am.

Tricia
Old 10-04-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tricia
DonnaRae

I knew these designs were copyrighted and I am certainly not telling anyone to steal from anyone. I make pattern and would hate to be stolen from but I have not seen a place to get the wonderful designs that are on this site. I have not been on the board much lately and there may be freebies out there but I am buying some of these myself and I thought some of the people on here would be interested also. I do not understand how you could steal stencils anyway.

I hope I explained this well enough and it helps the newbie machine quilters like I am.

Tricia
As I pointed out earlier we post here to let others know about good sites, not to steal :!: Good sites as in free, good prices, good products and more. I don't understand where that came from :!: Anyway thanks for the link Tricia. :D