Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Merry Mayhem's New Year Mystery 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Quossum View Post
    I had had all sorts of problems. Misunderstood the directions and ended with half the anvil blocks needed, so spent the next day basically doing the whole process again.
    I had the same problem - I did not find the instructions very well written, unfortunately. But I'm glad I persevered, because the end result is quite pretty. I like the really scrappy look you got.

I didn't get to make the quilt, but thank you for sharing your pictures. They are lovely!

quossum, love your colors -- that's a beautiful scrappy quilt!

Quossum, you are not alone. It took me another day to make the extra blocks I needed. Couldn't quite follow the directions, but once I seen the final layout (step 6) It was easy to figure out how to make the number block needed. I used scraps of white-on-white and ran out of scraps. Only after the quilt was together did I find another yard of white-on-white in my stash. So I spent the next day organizing my fabrics. 2014 is the year I will sew (most) of my scraps and get rid of them! I have they sorted into tiny pieces (up to 3 inches), almost a FQ, FQ to 1/2 yard, 1-2 yards, and the last catagory is large enough to back at least a charity quilt. So, I guess now I'm organized in my own way. :~

Blog Entries

My layout

Well I'm getting it together and I think I really like the blue color ways. Thanks for the inspiration Merry!!! I loved working on this. Gosh can't seem to find camera button to attach a pic

Finally finished putting together blocks today! I didn't make the number of blocks specified, but I still like the results. THANKS Merry!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8487.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	455719

Beautiful, Mary Kay! I think you embodied the spirit Merry Mayhem was going for. Congratulations.

Lovely Mary Kay. Did mine in boring navies and creams but I like it. Will use this pattern again.

Blog Entries
    So beautiful! Can't wait to finish mine!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6