Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
More American made fabric (made in the USA). This time from clothworks >

More American made fabric (made in the USA). This time from clothworks

More American made fabric (made in the USA). This time from clothworks

Old 03-13-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa D View Post
Hi everyone! I just registered here on the forum in order to respond to this thread. Full disclosure: I work for Clothworks. I'd be thrilled to answer any questions you have. Let's see; what have people asked so far?

1. American Made Brand is made 100% in the United States: from where the cotton is farmed to where the thread is spun to where the cloth is woven and finished. It was surprisingly difficult to accomplish that; it took over 2 years to line up the production.

2. We think the name "American Made Brand Fabric" along with our other branding will communicate a first impression that the fabric is made in the U.S.A. even though Mexico and Canada are within the North American continent, and certainly there is a South America too! The name is just the starting point, and people who are concerned need only read a bit further into our marketing materials to verify that their impression is correct. Besides that, we believe the fabric can easily stand on its own against those made elsewhere in the world and thus can find a market even with folks who don't care about country of origin.

3. Oops; we are red-faced about the Chinese sewing machine! What can I say in our defense? It is a beautiful, evocative image and like others on the site was purchased for marketing purposes. We took our own pictures of the actual production facilities but no one here at Clothworks is a professional photographer. The photos we purchased add so much more beauty than anything we could manage on our own.
Well thank you Lisa D for explaining and welcome to the forum, hope you will join in with other threads/post too.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:42 AM

Thank you! Yes, I will participate further. I'm glad I discovered this forum.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I do wish these companies remembered that "american" does not always mean the same as "usa". There's an entire other continent that is technically "american".

Actually there are two continents of Americans. To my chagrin I was recently corrected on that point.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:55 PM

Right-that's what I said. This one and one other. North and South America.