Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
MSQC in the Wall Street Journal >

MSQC in the Wall Street Journal

MSQC in the Wall Street Journal

Old 02-02-2014, 06:22 AM

I have been telling my husband forever this company is a whiz at marketing. He spotted the article immediately!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:34 AM

You know I never thought of the how did she get to this point I just knew I loved her videos and have made several things using her method. To see how hard she had it and how she rose above adversity to bloom into such an amazing icon is wonderful. ANYONE can do it. Its just proof that we all have something special inside its just figuring it out and then running with it. How nice of her kids to spend that much money to get mom started. WOW what a family they have. thanks for sharing this article it just makes me like her that much more
Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 AM

Jenny's an example of one of the best parts of quilting; quilter's are awesome people. The ones I've met aren't afraid to try and have a passion. I shop MQCS on line store at least every month and most the time find myself buying weekly. The service is quick and the prices good. I enjoy Jenny's video's and hope she comes out with her own magazine now that she's not doing Quilting Quickly.
Thanks for sharing the news story. Not all news is bad news.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 AM

I love MSQC. I shop online often. I also love her tutorials. They always explain things in an easy to understand way. I have done several of her quilts. Most are quick and easy. I just finished her new one, the disappearing pinwheel. Just need to get it quilted. It is a donation quilt I need to finish up. I made it from my stash.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

it was interesting to see what an impact she's had on her community
Old 02-02-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post

Thanks so much. I will go to see her store the next time I visit my granddaughter and family in Kansas City area. What a great family story of people working together and coming up with success. I understand her move from CA for although I've lived here all my life the cost of living is far more than many places. Houses that sold originally for 24000 are selling now for 750000 out of reach for many. I'm glad mine was bought and paid for years ago so an 88 year old can live and quilt alone with only help of her cat.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM

I enjoy the easy way to make something look spectacular and to heck with the slow, traditional methods ( although I think one should have knowledge of them). I find Jenny's tutorials easy to follow and enjoyable as well. The group is a step ahead by providing a news feed to one's email concerning any new tutorials.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Fantastic story about a fantastic person and family! Thanks for the link!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:21 PM

Loved it. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:39 AM

Thanks for sharing this. Jenny and her husband came to our quilt guild and she gave a trunk show and is so easy going and happy. She shared techniques with us too. Have had the pleasure to visit the shop 3 times and it is a beautiful place and friendly staff will help and if Jenny is there you can talk to her. Great people.