Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Needle threader

Needle threader

QIAD is offering a new threader for fine needles from sewline....has anyone here tried it? I have tried several, none work! Just wondering if I should try again....

Clover didn't work? I have watched an applique class on craftsy and she uses clover needle threader.

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    Clover didn't work? I have watched an applique class on craftsy and she uses clover needle threader.
    Not for me...I have clover, and other one - name escapes me now....but when using a #11 straw needle, or even a #10 quilting, the eye is narrower and a tighter oval than the plunger.......I may invest in this one, as it is from sewline(sue Daley)epp guru, imho...I use her sewline glue pen and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Not for me...I have clover, and other one - name escapes me now....but when using a #11 straw needle, or even a #10 quilting, the eye is narrower and a tighter oval than the plunger.......I may invest in this one, as it is from sewline(sue Daley)epp guru, imho...I use her sewline glue pen and love it!
    If you get it post what your experience is with it. I don't have one yet but after seeing the craftsy instructor use hers, I am considering it. I have straw needles as well but kind of like the little betweens.

Try using the Tulip brand needles. I know they cost a little more, but worth it. I use the #11 Milliners Straw needle in a burnt orange colored box. The eye is larger. Plus, they do not bend as much as other brands.

I went to the qiad website and couldn't find a sewline needle threader. I would really like to find one that I could use to thread the John James size 11 milliner needles.

Oops. I must not have spelled it correctly. I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
    Try using the Tulip brand needles. I know they cost a little more, but worth it. I use the #11 Milliners Straw needle in a burnt orange colored box. The eye is larger. Plus, they do not bend as much as other brands.
    Tt

yes, that's the brand I have...I ordered it...will let all know how/if it works!

I purchased one a few years ago and love it. I have enjoyed my other sewline tools also.
    ( `v )
    `.. ♥
    ..) .*) Sheri in Texas
    (. (. .
    a stitch in time saves nine.....

Did not like the clover but love the "Bohn" threader.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast