Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • A new machine coming???? >
  • A new machine coming????

• A new machine coming????

Old 12-06-2015, 09:29 AM

I think you are all missing something here. The purpose of the technology is that it is WiFi connected. Which works basically if you have an android or Apple I-Pad, smart phone, etc. That's when the camera comes into play, it is activated by the ap which you download off the internet. The ap has other capabilities which include the option of downloading more stitches, I assume, fonts and other items which they did not address. These would be downloaded to your device and saved, much as patterns are now. Having wi-fi connection would mean you could also download and listen to audio books, watch Youtube, view tutorials, listen to music, or tv, without having other devices such as a tv's, stereo's, or whatever you enjoy. The camera viewing your stitches would not be shared by anyone other than the sewer. My main concern is, what will the vibration of sewing do to the device over time? My I-Pad costs more than this sewing machine. I am not recommending this product, but will leave all options on the table as I follow the responses from users. I can see where I would use the machine, if I didn't have to sell some of the ones I have now.LOL
    Old 12-06-2015, 01:11 PM

Sassy...am I understanding you to say that you can download a quilting motif and then the machine would stitch it out?
    If that's what you're saying, then Spiegel is missing out on advertising the best part of the machine!
    As for the vibration while sewing..if your machine is on a sturdy surface, it shouldn't be vibrating...a lot of the high end longarms have the same set up with an Ipad mounted right on top of the machine..I haven't heard any problems about them..
    Old 12-07-2015, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
    If I'm sewing I don't need any more distractions than I already have. I love my old simple machines-no bells or whistles is fine by me.
    I'm perfectly happy sewing with my treadle machines or my old Berninas. I don't want to have wi-fi etc... I just want to sew!
    Old 12-09-2015, 05:33 AM
    Power Poster

I am blessed to buy any machine I want when I want it. I recently bought a Brother Project Runway from Walmart. I love it. It has all the features I wanted for a new machine to tote about. The Bernina dealer was miffed I didn't buy a new Bernina from her (I have a nice Bernina). I told her to match the price per feature, have a 30 day return policy or leave me alone about it.
    Old 12-09-2015, 05:54 AM

I would love to have wi-fi on my machine. That way I could watch tutorials as many times as i wanted while
    working on a project. It would be so handy to have it right there.
    Of course it will be years before i see anything like that tho. LOL
    Old 12-09-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    I must be missing something here...what is the purpose of this feature exactly?
    It's so the hungry family members can send you a text or video telling you that they are hungry. All I need my machine to do is sew.

Why does one need WIFI on their sewing machine? Just another thing to get hacked.....lol
    Old 12-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flowergurl
    I would love to have wi-fi on my machine. That way I could watch tutorials as many times as i wanted while
    working on a project. It would be so handy to have it right there.
    Of course it will be years before i see anything like that tho. LOL
    Wouldn't a laptop sitting right next to it do the same thing?
    Old 12-10-2015, 05:45 AM

I don't own a laptop either. However, I think i would like to look straight ahead at it, instead of having to always look over to the side.
    Old 12-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Default camera

Maybe this is the way of the future. No more taking machine into shop. You will just send a video saying this is what my machine is doing, "grin".
    Originally Posted by Geri B
    I still don't understand the purpose of the camera.....and as far as it being " cheap", Walmart product, brother-type....I sometimes read some of the comments here and wonder how elitist some can be.......I am a Walmart shopper for the most part, because not much else conveniently close to me...and although I did buy a sewing machine from a "dealer", I initially did purchase a high end brother from Walmart, returned it because of some of the comments here, went out and spent much more at a dealer, and some days regret not keeping the brother, which did the same for less$$$. I do have a brother runway, Walmart purchase, for travel, classes, retreats and don't regret buying it....but again to each his own....but I personally cannot "knock" the less expensive items, sometimes big things do come in little packages.....