Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
A new machine coming???? >

A new machine coming????

A new machine coming????

Old 12-04-2015, 09:39 AM

Default A new machine coming????

A few days ago, someone here was looking for a solution like this. I just saw this on FB. A new machine coming out that has built in WIFI, connects to cell phone and tablet, has charging station, etc. You can watch what you sew on your Ipad. More info on Monday: http://www.madalynne.com/exciting-news-coming-next-week

I don't personally know this site or owner, just saw this and thought of the person last week who was looking for something like this. Hope she sees this.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

Is this it? Available at Walmart so it says. http://snapwidget.com/v/1113910894603118340
Old 12-04-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Is this it? Available at Walmart so it says. http://snapwidget.com/v/1113910894603118340
Finally found it on WM:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spiegel-Se...46800163#about

Wonder who makes it? says all metal frame, no indication of warranty. 3 Popular Fonts for Monogramming and 3 Number fonts, no fm foot or walking foot. pretty interesting! google it: Spiegel 60609 Limited Edition Sewing Machine , and lots there, 2 youtube videos, etc. It sure looks like a Brother!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:02 AM

I must be missing something here...what is the purpose of this feature exactly?
Old 12-05-2015, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I was wondering that, too. It says a camera above the needle can share what you sew. I can see where this could be good for bloggers but I don't think I want anyone observing my stitches, lol.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:47 AM

Here is the you tube demo of this machine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPMLd8cm3I

even after watching the tut I still don't get the advantage of having an onboard camera. It says you can see your stitches..but don't we see them anyway?
I can't find who makes this, but from the general shape and set up , it looks like a Singer to me.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
If I'm sewing I don't need any more distractions than I already have. I love my old simple machines-no bells or whistles is fine by me.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:38 PM

Common questions are not addressed in any of their ads or videos....is it high shank, low shank, who makes it, can you use feet from that brand, harp space, what feet come with it, what is the weight of the machine, feet dog information, walking foot?,.....it sounds terrible...clunky....for $297 I guess it will be that way. It has needle up/down and start/stop. They market as the most advanced computerized sewing machine on the market. NOT! the only difference is the camera.....the only one I know of that has it and to what end? The camera isn't shooting the area any better than what I can see from the front of the machine. With all the clunky vibrations I wonder how long the camera will last. Spiegel is a catalogue company, has been for decades and decades. Wonder why they put their name on this machine and then gave it to Walmart to sell? Of course, more customers that way. It looks like Walmart has the exclusive. Brother or Singer. If it is Singer....not a good investment...even the cheaper Brothers sold at Walmart are terrible. At $297.....cheap price. I would like to see one set up and run it.....or keep my $300 for quilt fabric. Hmm....lots of questions out there on this one. Good point, what is the warranty?
Old 12-06-2015, 06:56 AM

It looks like a Brother to me and for that price you cant be getting much, sorry but I'll spend my money of fabric.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:43 AM

I still don't understand the purpose of the camera.....and as far as it being " cheap", Walmart product, brother-type....I sometimes read some of the comments here and wonder how elitist some can be.......I am a Walmart shopper for the most part, because not much else conveniently close to me...and although I did buy a sewing machine from a "dealer", I initially did purchase a high end brother from Walmart, returned it because of some of the comments here, went out and spent much more at a dealer, and some days regret not keeping the brother, which did the same for less$$$. I do have a brother runway, Walmart purchase, for travel, classes, retreats and don't regret buying it....but again to each his own....but I personally cannot "knock" the less expensive items, sometimes big things do come in little packages.....