Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
"New" store in Intercourse, PA >

"New" store in Intercourse, PA

"New" store in Intercourse, PA

Old 02-26-2014, 01:40 PM

Default "New" store in Intercourse, PA

I went to Intercourse yesterday to see if I could see what was going on with the Old Country Store. They had a sign on the window , but there was still a whole lot of merchandise inside. I couldn't see far back enough to see what had happened to the fabric, or if it was still there. BUT, a bit farther east, in Bird in Hand, there is a store called Log Cabin Quilts, that has been there for awhile, but has expanded tremulously and added lots of books, patterns, and fabric. If you get over that way, check it out. I was pleased. Zooks was adding new fabric lines, too.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:02 AM

Is the Old Country Store still open? That is where I go to shop all the time and its about an hours drive for me.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 AM

Log Cabin Quilts was expanding when I went there last summer. It's. Really nice store and will be back when I get back up to PA soon. I was so bummed about Old Country Store closing, along with the one just down the street - forgot the name at the moment (she closed due to illness of her significant other).

I was born in York, PA and visit at least twice a year - interesting how these visits coincide with AQS Lancaster and Quilt Odyssey (hmmm!!!) - and I try to get to as many shops as I can. I've spent many a dollar at Brubaker's and Burkholder's also, plus Fabric and Quilt Shack (always get that name mixed up) right near Good and Plenty on Rte. 340 - love that shop!! I'm hoping that things can get straightened out so Old Country Store can reopen soon.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 02-27-2014, 08:29 AM

You are so lucky to live in PA! I love that area, but rarely get "up" there! Where is the store that is so jammed packed with fabric on tables and is so hard to go through it has so much fabric?
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by TacoMama View Post
You are so lucky to live in PA! I love that area, but rarely get "up" there! Where is the store that is so jammed packed with fabric on tables and is so hard to go through it has so much fabric?
I remember the Quilt and Fabric Shack when it was called Lapp's and it was that way- with tables piled up with fabric that was hard to get at. But Mrs. Lapp always knew where everything was, and if you needed something, she could find it. But since it was Amish, you really were better off going on a sunny day, as there were only kerosene lamps to see by on a cloudy day. But it was my favorite shop!!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:03 PM

have you ever been to Quarryville, PA. Its been quite a few years since I was there but there was a general store that sold lots of fabric.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:07 PM

The store that is jam-packed could be Obies, between Morgantown and New Holland. The fabric is stacked on shelves and you enter at your own risk. The fire station is across the street.. A visit there is really an experience
Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM

Fabric shack is one of my faves there. Love the room full of flannel! not sure if it was log cabin that I was in last year but whichever it was had tons of nice fabs. Lots of civil war repros.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 PM

Old Country Store closes to pursue bankruptcy:

http://lancasteronline.com/news/inte...ace19397a.html
Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 PM

Sauder's is a good places to go too... they always had a lot on the flat fold tables. I also liked Wooden Bridges (?) too. I miss living in Reading... I use to all the quilt shops around to Allentown Morgantown and more if I wanted out of a 100 mile radius.

Tricia