Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
NHL Fans - Fabric Alert! >

NHL Fans - Fabric Alert!

NHL Fans - Fabric Alert!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Grandmasieg, Fabric.com has Pittsburgh Pirates fabric, just ordered and rec'd it last week.

Have to tell you what happened to me at Joanne's: I'd been searching for Pirates fabric forever and as I walked over to the sports fabric the saleslady was placing 3 new bolts on the shelf. Politely I waited for her to place it and as I reached for it another lady (?) literally pushed me aside and grabbed all 3 bolts!! I told her I only need a yard or 2; she said "sorry, I'm taking it all" and she did!!! I didn't say anything but I was thinking I hope it fades, ravels, and shrinks LOL!
JanRN I did get some Pirate fabric from Joann's online. I didn't see any at the Joann's in the South Hills. I feel for you about the lady? who did that to you. I've had that done to me before and I told her that my mother raised a lady and then, under my breath but loud enough for her to hear me, muttered wonder how proud her mother would be of the daughter she raised. The woman huffed and walked away. She was in front of me in line and she didn't have a coupon and I asked her if she would like mine because I wasn't going to be using it since she took all the fabric I wanted. Believe it or not she did take the coupon and the cashier said to her, "Oh how nice! Her mother raised a nice Lady." She left without even thanking me! Oh well, I sleep good at night!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:20 AM

Joann's will order the fabric for you in the amount you want. When I was making an NFL quilt for my daughter's friend, he is a big Oakland Raider fan, and so they ordered what I wanted and I was able to get partial yards for other teams at that time too and it was all on sale. They had a book I was able to go thru and pick what I needed.