Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: No sew Tumbling Block pattern.

Blog Entries
    The strips could be pressed using the largest bias tape makers. To me, the biggest draw-back is that it's all doubled fabric, therefore heavier than regular piecing.

Blog Entries
    BellaBoo i have a questions, how many strips across do you need to make to start and do they need to be at an angle at bottom to get the tumbling block look. i notice that she pins each strips top and bottom to hold during weaving can you just glue top and bottom instead of pining
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

Blog Entries
    Odd the book doesn't have any pictures of the bigger block quilts shown on the video. The pattern for the tiny weave that fits the quilt shown is the only pattern. For that she used 13 1 1/4" wide strips (before folding) for the base. The sample weave I'm making I'm pinning the strips to covered board with fusible attached. Then I'll square up the sample and fuse together.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    BellaBoo thank you for info on book from what i,ve learned you and other quilters here explain it better then her video thank you all ,i 'll pass on book and learn from here as this post keeps going thanks
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

Blog Entries
    Cute pattern & I also think I might need the book to make one for myself!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Odd the book doesn't have any pictures of the bigger block quilts shown on the video. The pattern for the tiny weave that fits the quilt shown is the only pattern. For that she used 13 1 1/4" wide strips (before folding) for the base. The sample weave I'm making I'm pinning the strips to covered board with fusible attached. Then I'll square up the sample and fuse together.

What size does that block end up being (finshed)? Yet no where in the book is a chart for making other size blocks? I should check does she have a web site?

I searched and found this: http://www.ramikim.com/Pages/default.aspx

And her blog: http://www.ramikim.blogspot.com/

I couldn't find any information on different sizes of weaving blocks on either of those two links. May hunt some more.

Link to one of Rami Kim's free pattern "Praire Points" http://www.quiltviews.com/free-prair...rn-by-rami-kim

Direct link to pattern: http://www.americanquilter.com/publi...iew.php?id=203

OK search said you use a 4" strip for the larger quilt size, 2 1/2" for med and 1 1/2" for small folded in 1/2. Yet you said the book tell you 1 1/4" strips.

Blog Entries
    The strip size in the book is for the quilt pattern in the book.
    Got fabric?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3