Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ok all you hexagon lovers

Blog Entries
    Thank you. I will be busy for the next hour looking at that site.

Very pretty! Thanks for posting. I'm going to bookmark and study a bit closer later :-)

Blog Entries
    [quote=SueDor]Very cute, but I don't think I could work with such tiny pieces of fabric.
    ----------------------------------
    I might be wrong, but I think I'll try it with bigger hexes, maybe doubled and sewed, right sides together and then pulled through and ironed. Then start from the first. Seems to me it would make a very pretty couch throw. Maybe with batting in it. I have a mental vision of one made from a bunch of colors all in the same family. I've got bunches of this and thats stuffed here and there.

I have the book called Fantastic Fabric Folding, which shows this technique, too. Love its, haven't tried it yet, but may do that today!!!

Thanks for the link! She did such a wonderful demo, I was able to turn off the sound - barking dogs :( and still understand the process.

Book shows folding flowers techniques
    Name:  Attachment-203795.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  22.5 KB

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks this looks very interesting and will gives us something to do while waiting

Blog Entries
    I have that book but it doesn't have the hexagon folding. Am I just not seeing it? The flower folding is for a square.

Hmmmmmm. I thought for sure that was in there, but I didn't go check. Another gal said it was; so, 'monkey see, monkey do' I just repeated it. Silly me!!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I have that book but it doesn't have the hexagon folding. Am I just not seeing it? The flower folding is for a square.

Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    Very cute, but I don't think I could work with such tiny pieces of fabric. I did bookmark it though!
    After cking out a cpl. of tutorials, it tells that you can make them any size you want. Just start with larger hexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky
    I have the book called Fantastic Fabric Folding, which shows this technique, too. Love its, haven't tried it yet, but may do that today!!!

Thanks for the link! She did such a wonderful demo, I was able to turn off the sound - barking dogs :( and still understand the process.
    If you can find the area called "Hexamania" there is a print pg. of instructions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast