Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The old is new again whoohoo

Blog Entries

The old is new again whoohoo

Ok if you have ever watched Eleanor Burns videos from long ago, you would have seen her use this ruler, the one that has the cutter attached and was made by Fiskar. Well it's back. It's a little pricey but sadly to say I'm a gadget girl and well it will probably grace it's presence in my quilting room. For those of you who aren't sure what I'm talking about go here and check it out...... http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...ay.asp?i=43419

That looks very cool...I'd love to see it in action, or hear from someone who's used it...

Blog Entries
    wow, pricey indeed. i've seen it requested several times on the qb recently... so others will be happy too. thanks for sharing
    Nancy in western NY

I will have to put this on my wish list, I wouldlove one of these but way too pricey indeed....but it is probably worth it....love love love it....thanks for sharing
    Kelley Donahue
    Phillipston, MA

Blog Entries
    I think I'll stick to the accuquilt, it is pricey but does so much more than strips
    Patski
    always learning

WOW..... for $70 I'll use my rotary cutter.

Blog Entries
    I found this a year or two ago in Walmart Don't know if they still have them. It was only 29.99 which I bought. My goodness how the price has changed. It is quite heavy. One u are showing must be a newer model.

Quote Originally Posted by fran624 View Post
    I found this a year or two ago in Walmart Don't know if they still have them. It was only 29.99 which I bought. My goodness how the price has changed. It is quite heavy. One u are showing must be a newer model.
    Yes, that is what I did too....used it several times....now I have a GO for any massive cutting, but for just one or two strips of something this is really good......and after seeing the "new" price I am glad I grabbed mine when I did...

I have had this ruler/cutter for ages when the price was less, however, in that day's economy it was still "pricy" but I love it, use it all the time. I appreciate the accuracy of the cuts and would not trade it. I'm considering a "Go Baby" cutter and trying to justify the price, so price is always a consideration but I think it is worth it's price and very reliable.

Blog Entries
    I still have the price tag on my original Fiskars 24"x 6 1/2" before bar codes, bought when it first came out. It is $49.99 bought at Hancock Fabric store, so the price isn't that bad now at all. I used it to cut most of my fabric then. I moved on to the Alto Quilt Cut, Shape Cut and now the Go.
    Got fabric?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast