Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Oliso Iron. Smart Iron on Sale!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Oliso Iron. Smart Iron on Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliso Iron. Smart Iron on Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2016, 07:12 AM

Thanks for all the info you all have shared on this iron. I was thinking of getting one; now I may reconsider and look at other brands. I've always been very happy with my Black and Decker irons -- and they last for YEARS!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:26 AM

I would not even consider one after reading these posts. In my mind a cheap iron is good enough for
what I need it for. So far two inexpensive ones from Walmart are working fine (shhhh).
Old 04-27-2016, 10:55 AM

I know there have been a lot of negative reviews posted. I have had a positive experience with my Oliso Pro. I have had the yellow Oliso Pro iron for about a year and a half. At first, I didn't feel that it got hot enough. I felt that there was something wrong with it and I didn't really take to it for some time. But then, one day, about 6 months after I owned it, I realized that this is an iron for crafting and not ironing. It isn't supposed to get that warm or it would burn the fabric. It has to be that way, because in quilting, you have to press and hold when ironing seams or making binding. The company has set the temperature lower than a regular iron, so if you buy this expecting it to be like a regular iron, you will be disappointed. When I need to iron my clothes or sheets, I pull out my T-fal. Plus, the Oliso it isn't even really the right shape to iron clothes. It is too big and bulky for things like sleeves and pleats. It can be done, but the results aren't as good as with a clothes iron.

I have found that this iron works like a dream if I use the steam (I push the steam button like a crazy person) and/or something like Mary Ellen's Best Press/vodka starch or water. That plus using the weight of the iron to press down, I find that I can get everything pressed well. I have found that if i wash certain cottons, such as Moda Bella, I have to press twice in order to get all of the wrinkles out if I don't get them out of the dryer when they are still warm. However, if they do come out of the dryer wrinkly, if I iron and then give the fabric a bit of time to dry and then iron it again, I can get the fabric almost perfectly ironed. For me, knowing that I am not going to burn the fabric, since it is so expensive, is a nice safety feature built in. I cannot tell you the number of times I have singed my clothes with my T-fal. Not having to tip the iron up, is a huge time saver. It is so much fun to just slide it to the side. Mine doesn't have any leaking problems, provided I don't put water in it while it is trying to heat up. It doesn't like that. Either do it before you turn it on or once it is heated up. I couldn't live without this iron and if this one broke, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:23 PM

I love my Oliso Go for it!
Old 04-27-2016, 03:24 PM

just read Silliness post, I can't get over that she iron her sheets, wish I had time to do that, boy!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by nise View Post
just read Silliness post, I can't get over that she iron her sheets, wish I had time to do that, boy!
I only iron the guest sheets when my Mom comes to visit. She is strict about all bedding being ironed before putting it on the bed, so I try to make her feel comfortable.