Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oliso irons

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar

Oliso irons

The Lion Yarn brand website is offering 15% off a couple models of these irons for a limited time.

I purchased an Oliso iron about 1 year ago. I loved it until it stopped working (the up and down portion). I called the company and they said that I have to send $69.99 and they will send me a new one. Was disappointed over the price they gave me.
    Carmen E.

Blog Entries
    hmmm...not a smart business moved....poor customer service is a real turn off.

I just purchased an Oliso iron and so far I love it. Doesn't make me very happy to know about the "smart" function going out. Very bad customer relations move on their part. The company is in San Francisco and I would have thought that having folks purchase a product from the USA would be a high priority for them.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Darn, I hate hearing this. It was in my plans to get this iron soon. I'm sure lots of people have had success with them but this makes me hesitate. Might have to stick to a cheap one just in case.

I recently found a little travel iron for $5 at Goodwill that is great. Heats up very well & works better in sm. places than my reg. iron. Only prob. is that it doesn't hold much water. Oh well, still a good little iron.

I have heard others that were not happy with length of time iron worked and customer service. If I paid $200 or so for an iron it needs to be gold plated, guess I am to old and too cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Oliso-TG1600-1...ilting+fabrics
    On sale at Amazon for $129 today. If I wanted one that would be a great price.

I would like one but they are still too expensive to invest in...

I have had my blue one for almost 2 years. Love it! ♡

My Oliso stopped going up & down after a year or so. I complained on Amazon where I bought it. Got no offer to replace it. I have a $10 black & Decker now that I bought a few years ago. Didn't think it would work so long but I have definitely got my money's worth out of it.
    PJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast