Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
the original scrapbox >

the original scrapbox

the original scrapbox

Old 02-11-2016, 07:21 PM

Default the original scrapbox

I purchased one of these for my new sewing trailer which is going to be delivered tomorrow!! The trailer that is. I have to wait till June or so to get the scrapbox. The had so many orders that they ran out. go to "theoriginalscrapbox.com" to see it. I did not get the totes. I have a daughter who sells 31 products and I have lots of those to put in the spaces. Plus I have clear shoeboxes with things in to put on the shelves. It opens out and is on wheels. Also has a light and a drop down table in it. Can't wait to get my stuff all out into the trailer after it gets painted and moved into it space here beside my house. will be a quick walk in and out. Hoping to get a little covered walkway to it from the garage. I am going to just love my new space when it gets done. I have been severely deprived of my sewing the past 1 1/2 years because of not being able to leave out and come back and pick up where I left off. 3 dogs too many in the house and are shedding to beat the band. They must think spring is here. when I get it I am going to take pictures and do an in progress deal so I can see how I do.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:35 PM

THAT IS AWESOME!! See my green eyes! Seriously, do take pictures as I think your project will be amazing. While I'm settled into my two spaces (and able to keep the dogs out of both thankfully!) I have a good friend that is wanting ideas of how to get more quilting space in her house--husband doesn't want to add to house but not opposed to considering other ideas.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:56 PM

I was supposed to have my new house built in 1981 moved to be the end of this one. When we built that house we had it so it would fit door to door on here. However my dh decided I did not need that much room, so unfortunately my house is going to h--- at the other place. I have been hunting for something that I could buy that would be nice and tight and ward--those skid shacks are really insulated. I have a # of machines, with tables, a couple of industrials and they are going in there too. Will have the back room for my stash and some of my machines on shelves --have two featherweights. Also have a Brother embroidery machine that I have yet to plug in and turn on. I bought carpet and pad that was supposed to go into the bus dh thought I could use. Didn't work, so if I can get everything lined up that bus will be moved out of the way and my sewing shack will go there. Mine decided we didn't need extra room, but I couldn't get up the stairs anymore-so that was out. Will be taking pictures and hoping to figure out how to put them in here so all can see. I told some of my sewing friends that they were welcome to come and sew when she is done. I also plan on painting a barn quilt on the plywood that I will hang on the outside.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 AM

I'm sure you're going to love your new space... and your new sewing box. Have fun getting it all re-organized the way you want it. Don't forget to post pictures.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 AM

Never heard of the scrapbox before, but looks interesting.....good luck with it and your trailer(?)..... You must live "out in the country"... I'm picturing, from your posts, a bus, and now a trailer........on your property.......have fun with your new "world"
Old 02-12-2016, 07:59 AM

Wow, today is the day your trailer comes! Be sure to take pictures of progress .....it's kind of fun to look back at those pictures. Sounds like you have a plan.........enjoy the journey and embrace the joy!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:18 AM

Thanks for sharing I went to the website and wow this is great, question did you have to put it together or did the co. do it for you.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Good Luck with this product. It should be able to keep you organized.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:19 AM

I've been eye-balling that scrapbox forever and I'm so jealous! I hope you love it!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:28 PM

You are going to have an awesome set up when it is finished.