Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Over Door Organizer

I don't see why it wouldn't work for holding supplies.

Blog Entries
    Before you commit, read the review #1 on the site-that person found it really poor quality. The design looks great and would be a real space-saving organizer - just be weary of quality according to that reviewer.

It looks like a good idea but did you read some of the reviews? There were complaints about poor workmanship and quality.

OOPS! Posted at the same time as Vanuatu Jill.

From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    I like the 2 for $19 roll-up ones that are advertized on same page of this link better...
    More small pockets and cheaper!

I use a shoe organizer for all my husband's baseball caps on the coat closet door and use a shoe organizer for sewing odds and ends also...

they are always on sale someplace!!!

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I have two similar to that in my sewing room, hanging on each side of the door to the closet.

But mine were $1.00 garage sale finds and were made to hold shoes. They work great!

I think that you could make one fairly easily that would be better quality and much cheaper.

Banned
    I've been using a canvas one like that for years. Much cheaper than the one you referenced.
    Try Bed Bath and Beyond store or Walmarts or one of the at-home type catalogues.
    I had a see-through plastic one, it dried out and started to crack plus it showed the accumulated dirt in addition to the quilt tools.

Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by pdcakm
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I got some from the dollar store and it works great.. a clear see thru Christmas one- put stabilizers and such where the wrapping paper goes and a clear shoe one so i can see whats in each pocket..
    yes, i really like the clear pockets. would love to have one but this room doesn't have any usable doors. i have been thinking of hanging one on the wall.
    I really think that is going to be my problem as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I got some from the dollar store and it works great.. a clear see thru Christmas one- put stabilizers and such where the wrapping paper goes and a clear shoe one so i can see whats in each pocket..
    that is where i got mine..clear pockets.
    i even have one in my garden shed on the inside door, for my garden "notions"!

This does work, I purchased a shoe organizer from Target for apx $15.00, very handy for small objects...still haven't labeled the pockets, but will...thought you might be interested since the price is better at a Walmart or Target...this one is by a designer that is taupe with white trim...very decorater friendly...memepeggy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast