Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: pattern

I have seen on u-tube a block that if I remember right was cut randomly - and it had some kind of fancy yarn sewed on top of the seems. If someone has seen this tut or know where I can find it please let me know. All help appreciated.
    Addminstrators if this is not in the right place place feel free to move it.
    This board has always come through for me so thanks in advance.
    Shirlx

I don't know the specific block you are asking about, but what you are describing is called a "crazy quilt"
    block. Irregularly shaped scraps of fabric are sewn together, and decorative stitching and/or trim is sewn over the seams.
    If you go to http://www.youtube.com and do a search for crazy quilt, or crazy quilt block you should find lots of videos, and hopefully the one you remember.

Also check the search key on the board here.

What you are describing sounds a bit like the stained glass quilt someone did here on the board using a straw to guide yarn for "leading the glass". It was also irregularly shaped scraps sewn together.

Good luck on your search.

Sounds like couching. A method of laying threads on top of the fabric and zigging over it, makes texture and designs.

http://www.google.com/search?q=couch...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Blog Entries
    I am doing a landscape now that uses that type of method ,,,but the whole thing is planned , but if I do a block I just lay a double strand of knitting wool over the seams and zig zag ,its easy to do and looks effective