Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Pogagi for qayg? >

Pogagi for qayg?

Pogagi for qayg?

Old 07-19-2015, 07:18 PM

Here is a fun blog with pics. Although videos are nice, I still favor print material. http://www.wabei-mono.com/blog/2008/...agi-revisited/
Old 07-19-2015, 07:58 PM

Never heard of this. It's interesting isn't it? Definitely very different. I can't think of how or where I would use it. Are you going to make curtains or something this way?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:19 PM

Interesting. Will be watching for more info.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:42 PM

I have a book called World of Quilts by Cassandra Ellis that has a great chapter on Bojagi (though she transliterates it as 'Pojagi'--I believe both are correct)
Old 07-19-2015, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by asabrinao View Post
I have a book called World of Quilts by Cassandra Ellis that has a great chapter on Bojagi (though she transliterates it as 'Pojagi'--I believe both are correct)
Which book is it please there are 2 books with the same title one is traditional the other modern? I am interesting in purchasing but don't want both.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Which book is it please there are 2 books with the same title one is traditional the other modern? I am interesting in purchasing but don't want both.
I think you might be seeing both the hardcover version and the paperback version. As far as I can tell, they're the same book. The full title is "World of Quilts--25 Modern Projects: Reinterpreting Quilting Heritage from Around the Globe" by Cassandra Ellis.

I also have her book "Cloth", which I also love.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Power Poster

Very interesting, thanks for sharing with us. There are some beautiful examples out there.....I am toying with the idea of making some curtains in this style for a nursery/childrens' room we are setting up at home.....apparently Grandparents are supposed to do this.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:42 AM

Oh this is really great! I have been perusing images online. Lots of good examples on pinterest...even saw a great skirt. I'll definitely be trying this out in some form. I thought special fabrics were used but apparently quilting cottons and even batiks will give the translucent look when hung in a window? i saw tutorial but still can't quite figure out the type of seam used..particular for the ones w/ the black surrounding. It definitely does not look difficult though. Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 07-20-2015, 04:08 AM

Isn't this a French felled seam?
Old 07-20-2015, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
Isn't this a French felled seam?
For a French seam, you sew it wrong sides together, cut close to stiitching line, then encase the raw edge by sewing another seam. So let's say after the first seam, you cut to 1/8" from the stitching line, then you encase the raw edge and stitch 1/4" from the previous stitching line.

From my my understanding of Bojagi, you make one seam allowance 1/4" and one seam allowance 1/2". Stitch on seam line with right sides together. Press and turn under 1/2" seam allowance so it encases the 1/4" SA (and raw edge). Stitch close to turned under edge. This will show a stitching line on the right and wrong side. This is what I have gathered from watching a YouTube video.