Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A presser foot that helps you make perfect curves? Yes!

Blog Entries
    I just bought one at the Cincinnati quilt show. The demo was on a drunkards path and looked great and easy. To be fair, I haven't practiced with it much. I was disappointed that the plastic seems to be not as "slick" as my other plastic feet. I used it on an apple core pattern and it was easier, did not have to pin heavily and the fabric lined up well. I think if I could practice more with it, it would be a useful tool. It just seems to be a tool that comes with a learning curve. It does come with ankles to make it fit low, high, slant, and snap on feet.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

bought one a long time ago....when I thought curves were difficult.....worked ok, but in my mind I had to "tackle" those curves with a regular foot, so persistently I practiced, read, then thankfully videos were available and now I don't even bother taking out that foot, just pedal along. For an easier way to get used to curves, rather than drunkards path, I did a king size with Back Porch templates and nice large curves...easy peasy....

I bought one and it sat in the drawer for a few years and then last year, i made a twin size circles quilt for my DIL. The blocks were 7". I founf that i had to pin a little with the foot to make the come out right. Some never did- will cut those down touse in something I will use it again on another quilt, Drunkards Path scrappy is what I'm thinking.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I bought one, for the life of me can not get it to work.

Never seen one.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

My DH bought me one about 15 yrs. ago and I have been using it ever since to make Wedding Ring quilts. I usually make atleast one a year; it takes appx 3 months to make a queen top. I have all the methods for Wedding Rings and use Flynn's method most. I like the turnabout method also. The foot handles the curves like a sports car on a curvie road, smooth. If you do alot of curve piecing it is a great tool to have.

I bought this a few years ago and when I was making a Drunkard's Path quilt I tried it and I too found that my 1/4 inch foot with quide worked better for me.

I used one and it wasn't too hard to use

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2